Off Topic
The place for you to share and discuss your interests and hobbies. Fancy discussing tech, music, games, TV and more? It's all here.
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community

Get ready for Big Garden Birdwatch πŸ¦…πŸ¦

It’s fun, free and for everyone. Join in 28-30 January

Be wowed by your local wildlife. Big Garden Birdwatch is for everyone, whether you're a complete beginner or a birding expert. Simply count the birds you see in your garden, from your balcony or in your local park for one hour between 28 and 30 January 2022.

There are so many benefits to being with nature. Whether you do this in your local park or wildlife area - or take a seat with a cup of tea and sit by the window and watch for how many different species you see - it's fun and therapeutic for all ages!
    In 2021, more than one million people took part in Big Garden Birdwatch, all coming together to look out for birds. Why not join in and be one in a million for 2022?

Shockingly, the UK lost 38 million birds from UK skies in the last 50 years, so it really is vital we do all we can to look after our birdlife.

As a conservation charity, The RSPB depend on your support to save nature and to look after places where wildlife can thrive. By taking part in Big Garden Birdwatch, you can also make a difference. Wherever you are, whatever you see, it counts!

To take part and send your findings to the RSPB click here

Let us know what you spotted and even post any photos you take in the comments section below! πŸ‘‡πŸ˜
  • 2 Replies

Level 7
    Hi @Rebecca

Great article. I was lucky enough to see what I believe is a Kestrel from my front door. I am very lucky to live where I do as I am surrounded by countryside and there is a canal just a few hundred feet from my door step where I have seen Herons and Cormorants in the past.

Name:  Screenshot_20220215-123331_Video Player.jpg
Views: 2313
Size:  91.2 KB Name:  Screenshot_20220215-123846_Video Player.jpg
Views: 2337
Size:  188.9 KB
    Please excuse the images, I just grabbed my phone but think they are fairly good.
    Head of Community
    @Tillymint WOWWWW - this is superb! How fabulous. As a nature lover I am very envious you get to see scenes like this from your front door! πŸ˜€

You must watch 'Winter Watch' - I have just caught up with it on iPlayer and it was super enjoyable. They focused on more water and marsh birds which was refreshing (excuse the bad pun) πŸ˜€πŸ¦…πŸ¦†
Reply to Thread