Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    A few months ago I requested a new in home display as the touch screen was no longer working on mine. It was at least 7 years old so you would expect it to need replacing at some point. I sent it back in the box provided. Today I received a message telling me a suspended charge has been added to my account for this replacement meter. When I requested the replacement display I was told that I would be charged if I didn’t send it back or if it worked when they got it back. So my question is why am I being charged? I sent it back in the free post box you sent and the touchscreen was unresponsive. I think the charge is £35, the message doesn’t say. I would like an explanation of why you think it’s acceptable to charge a customer under these circumstances.
  • 6 Replies

Head of Community
    @Cazzy Hey! 👋

So as part of faulty meters being sent back - there is a temporary charge that is not active (suspended) charge on your account - this is while they check your old IHD is in fact faulty (this is just normal process and protocol). Once they ascertain it is not in fact working and functioning - they will remove that suspended charge.

I hope this helps and makes sense?

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    I am your Community Manager! 😀

To post a new thread about anything you like click here

Feel free to message me any time by clicking here
    🤗
    Level 1
    Thank you for the explanation. I feel this could of been explained better in the message I was sent or even when I requested the replacement. Receiving this message months it was sent back was alarming and caused unnecessary stress.
    Head of Community
    @Cazzy That is no problem!

That is useful to know Cazzy, I always want to be taking this kind of feedback back from members, so I can feed this back into the business and make improvements.

Can you please send me an email for the attention of 'Rebecca' to customerexperience@utilita.co.uk stating:

- The date you requested a replacement, and how you requested it
    - The date you received it
    - Any emails/messages you got about the new one arriving/the suspended amount of money.

I can then see what customer journey you have had and go and see how that can be improved for you.

Thanks,
    Rebecca - your Utilita Community Manager
    Level 1
    @Rebecca Thank you. I have sent you an email with all the information you have asked for.
    Level 1
    @Cazzy Hey! 👋

So as part of faulty meters being sent back - there is a temporary charge that is not active (suspended) charge on your account - this is while they check your old IHD is in fact faulty (this is just normal process and protocol). Once they ascertain it is not in fact working and functioning - they will remove that suspended charge.

I hope this helps and makes sense?

Thanks,
    Rebecca

I’ve just topped up my meter this morning and the charge has not been suspended. It has taken £7.50 of a £30 top up off me for this debt.
    Head of Community
    @Cazzy Hi there!

Can you pop me a private mail using the link in my signature and include your full address, and best contact number so we can get this investigated and escalated on your behalf?

Thanks,
    Rebecca
Reply to Thread