Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    I’m also still to receive any payments for October or November. I have a sub- meter I was originally told I was entitled too the support, but then my understanding is there was a change in guidelines issued by government which means I’m now entitled too the support. After numerous conversations with utilita they have all told me I’m entitled to the support and raised several enquiries with no correspondence. It’s quite frustrating. Can anybody clear up one am I entitled to the support and if so how do I go about getting payment. Thank you
    Level 1
    @Rebecca no it doesn't answer it because the query was not about warm home discount but the EBSS vouchers which your company has been paid by the government for & not passing on the payments to your pre payment meter customers on the 1st of each month as you are supposed to. That's fraud.
    Head of Community
    @valerie Hi there - the best thing to do is ring our contact centre so an advisor can check your account and see any gaps in your vouchers. There will always be a reason behind why you have not received a voucher. The best thing to do is speak to the contact centre who are always there to investigate it on your behalf and sort the issue for you.
    I am your Community Manager! 😀

To post a new thread about anything you like click here

Feel free to message me any time by clicking here
    🤗
    I just wanted to communicate a polite reminder that this is a member to member forum and is not manned by customer service representatives and is not a customer service manned channel.

As your Community Manager, it is my job to moderate this forum and update members on key Utilita updates - and escalate issues back into the business on behalf of members

Perhaps that is the problem, Rebecca.

It's clear that you are a very helpful lady whose heart is in the right place, but Utilita should not expect unpaid volunteers like yourselves to fulfil the normal functions of customer service.

In short, they probably need to hire more people to actually answer the phones and emails sent to them!

As mentioned before - all applicants will receive personalised comms via email and/or letter from the 5th of December letting them know the outcome of their applications, and the scheme this year was ran by the DWP.

I hope this helps clear things up.

I realise that my issue is slightly different in so far as I have not received the voucher that the UK government promised (and presumably paid Utilita for).

And yes , I have whitelisted the domain of

<paypointsvp.com> and read all their annoying emails that do not have my voucher attached!

This is what I posted elsewhere:

Where I live there is no mobile phone reception.

(It used to be a young offenders institution so they chose desolate, high moorland - on the Dartmoor model - before they demolished it decades ago. I live in one of the old prison officers' flats and am 72 years old with multiple health conditions and no access to Gas or alternative heat sources. )

Consequently
    1) Utilita can not fit a smart meter (which requires access to a mobile network to transmit data)
    2) I have to hike up a nearby hill to call Utilita (it's currently well below freezing currently here in Scotland) and then they don't answer the phone before my battery dies.

I have emailed Utilita to customerrelations@utilita.co.uk asking them to email me my missing vouchers but there has been no reply from them.

Instead of any human(e) reply, I just get a series of inane messages beginning

"
    Hi Mr C J O'Keeffe,

Great news – your Energy Bills Support Scheme voucher for this month is now available.
    As you’re a Pay As You Go Customer without a smart meter (or you have one and we can't connect to it), you’ll receive your £400 Energy Bills Support Scheme discount as energy credit vouchers. You’ll get two vouchers worth £66 and four vouchers worth £67 from October 2022 – March 2023. "

"
    with never any voucher attached that I can either print or produce at a paypoint !

If someone from Utilita is reading this, please help me stop dying from hypothermia.

Update 13h02GMT 08/12/2022: I have now read a sympathetic private mail from "Rebecca" (who I think may work for Utilita).

Unfortunately, she did not do the obvious, quick and easy thing of attaching the missing vouchers to a proper email sent to my email address (which they have on file in my account...).

Maybe this is because of some data protection excuse, but I really don't see why Utilita's so-called customer service people can't just answer emails sent to <customerrelations@utilita.co.uk> - or is there a better email address I should be emailing?
    C. J. O'Keeffe
    41 Dervaig Gardens, Upperton
    AIRDRIE
    @Rebecca I sent u a pm
    my January payment wasn't uploaded to my smart meter. When I called to query this I was told it was because I didn't live at my home anymore or using any energy
    this has confused the lige out of me as I definitely use fuel , top up and live here!!
    iam now worried my energy supply will be disconnected. Why would utilita
    think this?? 🤔
    Head of Community
    @Lorraineb80 Thanks for sending me more info via private mail - I will get this looked into on your behalf.

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    Is there any reason why so many of these vouchers are going missing? I am STILL waiting on my December voucher despite contacting Utilita on 3 separate occasions and being fobbed off with the usual 5-10 working days excuse. It has been more than 10 working days on both the first and second contacts, and I’m finally fed up.

I am being sent weekly reminders that my December voucher is about to expire… but nobody wants to do anything to help. Nobody will reply via email. The live chat just fob you off saying the have submitted a query but won’t give you any sort of confirmation via email so you have it in black and white, which I do not find a coincidence at all.

Why is this happening to so many people? And why will someone not help get these queries further down the line? The utility companies are absolutely fleecing the customers and it’s disgusting.
Reply to Thread