Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
    Hi all,

around 3 months ago my old (the original) smart meter screen stopped working, the issue was thought to be the age of the display. Had one of the new ones sent out and had issues with it not been commissioned. This was fixed however it still wouldn’t connect to my actual meters, an engineer came and fitted a signal extender and replaced the screen again told me would be up and running within 24 hour. This was now 6 weeks ago and it’s still not connected the display keeps telling me there is a network error and can’t connect to the physical meter, spoke with customer services who told me nothing can be done and to just use the app which I have been but now the app is saying it can’t connect to my meters either, does anyone have any advice? My physical meters are hard to get to as they’re in the cellar with no lighting and uneven stairs and I have a baby so carrying the baby down isn’t a great idea.

please can anyone help?
  • 1 Reply

Start a complaint. I've had no data from my Gas meter for 18 months. As of this morning, my electricity meter has stopped transmitting data too.

"Utilita
    is currently in breach of your Electricity and Gas Supply Licence, specifically condition 39.17 which requires "Where on any given date a Smart Metering System is maintained by the licensee such that it satisfies the requirements in the Metering Equipment Section of a particular version of the SME Technical Specification"."

Basically, they are legally obliged to make sure that smart meters operate as they should.

Don't expect a quick response either, it's been 46 days since my official complaint went in and it appears Utilita are ignoring it. Will be escalating the complaint through the Ombudsman shortly.
Reply to Thread