Does it feel like your gas or electricity meter is sometimes in slow-motion? We know it can take a little longer for your top-ups to go onto the meter – this is due to the meter running off a battery that wakes up every half hour.
However, you can speed up the process and enter top-ups manually by following these steps:
1. Pres the blue A button on your main gas and/or electricity meter
2. The message 'Vend Mode' should display
3. Enter the entire top-up code reference number you get on your paper/email or app receipt
4. Then press the red B button on your main gas and/or electricity meter
5. Your top-up transaction should now be processed and credited to your meter
6. Once the top-up is processed, one of the following messages will appear on your gas and/or electricity meter:
- Accepted (your top-up has successfully credited to your meter)
- Rejected, Duplicate (Your top-up has already been credited to your meter)
- Rejected, Incorrect (The top-up code has been entered incorrectly, please try again)
- Rejected, Incomplete (You have not entered the entire top-up code and have missed a few digits)
- Rejected, Invalid (This means you could be at the wrong meter - check what meter the top-up is for - ie. electricity or gas meter, and ensure you are at that meter)
For a step-by-step guide, please watch our handy video below! 👍🤩
Last edited by Rebecca; 13-11-20 at 13:00.