Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    Important update! Any vouchers for the Energy Bills Support Scheme will expire on 30 June 2023 - this is the very last day you can redeem a voucher. This will apply to all vouchers and re-issued vouchers. All vouchers will have an expiry date printed on them, but the absolute cut off to redeem will be 30 June.

Hi to all our members!

We have been getting lots of questions about the Energy Bill Support Payments here on the Community and on our Social Media Pages, so we wanted to clear up a few things for you that you've been asking about the most.

Why is the payment put on the electricity meter?

The EBSS payment provides domestic electricity customers in Great Britain with £400 of support, delivered by electricity suppliers over six months from October 2022. Households will see a payment of £66 applied to their energy in October and November, rising to £67 each month from December through to March 2023. All domestic electricity customers will be automatically eligible. *Ref: Getting the Energy Bills Support Scheme discount - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

How will I get paid?

Smart Pre-pay Customer

The payment of £400 is split into six monthly payments to your electricity smart meter of £66 in October and November, rising to £67 in December through to March 2023, and is applied to your electricity smart meter automatically each month (if you have a smart meter installed).

Legacy Pre-pay

If you have an older style legacy meter you will receive a top-up voucher for that amount via email (providing we have a valid email for you on your account) - Please check your junk box and note that this email will be from 'Pay Point' so it will be worth searching your inboxes for this sender, or if you do not have an email listed on your energy account, it will be sent to you via the post. *Why not get a smart meter installed by clicking here

Credit - fixed direct debit

Once we have received your direct debit successfully, we will refund the EBSS payment amount directly back to your bank account.

If you are fixed direct debit customer, we will take your direct debit payment as usual. If your direct debit is lower than the EBSS payment amount, we will refund the direct debit and the rest of the EBSS payment will remain as credit on your account.

Variable direct debit

If you pay by variable direct debit, we will apply the credit directly to your bill, and this will reduce the variable direct debit amount by the appropriate monthly EBSS payment amount.

Pay on Receipt

If you pay your bills upon receipt, we will apply the credit directly to your bill, and this will reduce the amount you need pay.

Important: Please ensure that if you have moved recently that you have updated your new address with us. Additionally, if you have moved into a new property that we supply and you have not contacted us to inform us you are the new tenant, this will be crucial in order to receive this payment.

If for whatever reason we are unable to download the payment directly to your smart meter, we will email or post depending on what details we have.

You can change your details here on our website.

You will also be able to find our FAQ's and all the further information by clicking here.

If this helped give this article a thumbs up!
    👍
    Last edited by Rebecca; 31-05-23 at 15:49.
    I am your Community Manager! 😀

To post a new thread about anything you like click here

Feel free to message me any time by clicking here
    🤗
  • 35 Replies

Head of Community
    Important update! Any vouchers for the Energy Bills Support Scheme will expire on 30 June 2023 - this is the very last day you can redeem a voucher. This will apply to all vouchers and re-issued vouchers. All vouchers will have an expiry date printed on them, but the absolute cut off to redeem will be 30 June

Hi all, we have been getting a lot of customers and members confused about where their Energy Support Payment vouchers are if they are on legacy meters, please note this updated information has been added to this article, please read and be aware, as it will help:

Legacy Pre-pay

If you have an older style legacy meter you will receive a top-up voucher for that amount via email (providing we have a valid email for you on your account) -
    Please check your junk box and note that this email will be from 'Pay Point' so it will be worth searching your inboxes for this sender,
    or if you do not have an email listed on your energy account, it will be sent to you via the post
    Last edited by Rebecca; 31-05-23 at 15:47.
    Level 1
    i have not received my EBSS discount for november.
    Last edited by ayoski05; 29-11-22 at 15:22.
    Level 1
    i have not received my EBSS discount for november.
    Last edited by ayoski05; 29-11-22 at 15:22.
    Head of Community
    @ayoski05 Hi there please can you remove your customer ref number from the public side of the Community for your data protection. I would advise calling our customer care line on 0345 207 2000 who can look into your account and see what us going on 🙂
    Level 1
    i called but its not a customer care number. i was directed to call emergency gas line.
    Level 1
    I have called twice, and I still haven't received November's payment. I'm not happy
    Head of Community
    @hannahleigh2025 Can you pop me a private mail (link to do this is in my signature under this comment) with your customer ref number and what month you are missing, so I can then escalate this to our customer experience team 😀
    Head of Community
    @ayoski05 Sorry to hear that - that is our customer contact centre line. Can you pop me a private mail (link to do this is in my signature under this comment) with your customer ref number and what month you are missing, so I can then escalate this to our customer experience team 😀
Reply to Thread