1. Buy some nice bouquets of spring flowers –
These will bring a lovely scent and stunning colours to your normal backdrop.
2. Throw those curtains wide! The clocks went back at the weekend, and the sun is out most days now. Make the most of it and remove any nets or voiles, and open those windows to let the fresh cut grass smell waft in. You should also start to notice you will need to switch the lights on less already by doing this.
3. If you like to change up your soft furnishings every season, now is the time. Remove the reds and warm browns of winter and swap them for yellows, greens, and sky blues. Pack away any winter throws and have a dust and spring clean of your main family room.
4. Replace plug ins with a scented candle. There are so many different scents out there, you are bound to find something to match your mood. You could choose something with a strong floral bouquet, lavender, or fresh linen like the smell of laundry blowing in the garden.
5. I love a canvas on the walls to break up any blank spaces. An image of a wildflower meadow, bee on a flower, watering can of flowers. If you want to try something different, buy a hanging glass frame and go for a walk to find some lovely wild greens or daisies to press inside. This works great with heather, lily of the valley and tropical type leaves.
6. Love your ornamentals? Move them around to give your rooms a fresh look or replace them for something more seasonally appropriate. I love the idea of bringing the garden inside, a tin jug or watering can with a plant or flowers in. You can also add a few green house plants to brighten your place up! A study published in the Journal of Physiological Anthropology found that plants in your home or office can have a calming influence.
Happy Spring 🌻
Last edited by Rebecca; 01-04-22 at 15:34.