Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hello this is a message to all of the people that were robbed of there warm home discount scheme that there actually entitled to I am disabled I was pestered by utilita to apply for warm home discount I was then refused it there response was it was nothing to do with them it's down to DWP I phoned DWP and actually got to speak to the floor manager who told me they,d had hundreds of calls claiming it was down to them he reasured me that it was not down to the DWP at all utilitas claims were false and lieing to there customers I then challenged utilita over this matter who once again tried to lie at first then blatantly told me they,d refused me end of phone call I have never been so disgusted with a company in my life not only are they robbing there customers of there warm home discount scheme that you are entitled to there lieing about it to I put a post up on the forum before utilita replied to my comment saying sorry I experienced this and to contact them and they will help me ? I contacted them explained the situation and was still told no and was spoken to with complete disregard this company is a complete disgrace there targeting people with disabilities because they are vulnerable utilita charged me for economy 7 when I don't even have it and was never refunded I have nothing left to say to this company that's why I am leaving them I don't want to be with a company that robs there customers lie to there customers there response time is disgusting and also there customer service go on like they've just been dragged out of a trailor park ?
  • 9 Replies

Head of Community
    @Natemac76 Hello there and welcome to the Community.

As the Community Manager I am just jumping in here as I can see no members have responded to this post.

I would be happy to get a member of our customer experience team to look into your account and investigate what has happened here and give you a ring in order to discuss this more at length.

Would you mind sending me a private message to confirm your full address, postcode and account number.

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    Level 1
    Hello Rebecca no need to act all nice on Here and willing to help when in reality you and I both no the outcome of you're company's decisions and mine will be no different I am disabled and I have had to leave my own home and move in with my neighbor as I can't afford to heat my home because of utilita totally disgusted with this company you've robbed me you've stole from me and you have lied to me you robbed me of the warm home discount scheme of which I am entitled to ? You lied to me about it and gave me the run around you charged me for economy 7 when Ive never had it and never refunded for it so yes you stole from me ? I have nothing left to say about this company disgusted
    Head of Community
    @Natemac76 Hi there, again I am really sorry to hear this, as your Community Manager, I am here to be a customer champion for all our members and escalate any concerns or suggestions back into the business.

If you change your mind, please do send me your account number and/or full address so I can get one of our Customer Experience Agents to see what's gone on and give you a courtesy call.

Warmest regards,
    Rebecca
    Level 1
    No thank you I,d rather not speak to any of you I have actually tried changing to ovo there even worse than utilita they want £245 deposit just for switching to them is there a big electric scam going on that the public don't no about ? I live in a one bedroom flat my billing is monthly from the 2nd to the 2nd each month I have not had my heating on this Month as I simply can't afford it I have to sit here in the cold the only things that are on is TV fridge and freezer my bill is at £142.36 and still going till the 2nd of next month no I do not have economy 7 either my electric bill is ridiculous it's either heating and not eat or freeze and eat these are the choices I am left with a disabled vulnerable man living alone with no help so I hope utilita are proud of themselfs thank you for taking the time to read this but I won't be posting anymore just wanted the utilita community to no that if this is how utilita treat the disabled and vulnerable then how do they think they will be treated ?
    Level 1
    My brother is a master electrician he bought me a petrol generater this morning and will be wiring the majority to my house to it so we will do an experiment as of tomorrow to see how much electric you charge me while I'm not using it I'm actually quite excited to see the findings and publish them to prove how much you are ripping people off there are no laws whatsoever to tell you how to power you're own home I will keep you updated on the scandal of this company
    Level 1
    I was replied to by Rebecca on private message as obviously she didn't want the community to see it so I will tell you that she told me the only people that are entitled to warm home discount are the elderly not the disabled not the vulnerable not the single parents apparently we all fall into a category called the wider range group and if you're in the wider range group basically tough **** ?it's a disgrace it's discrimination against disabled and vulnerable people and I have sent letters to the ombudsman and my local mp and explained of my experiment with my generator so utilita will only be powering my lights and fire alarms and will publish the findings of how much this company is robbing the public of there money
    Head of Community
    @Natemac76 Hello, as I mentioned I would love to get your account investigated so we can see what's happened and give you a ring to discuss this.

As I explained - the Core Group applies to those customers of a pensionable age who automatically receive it as per DWP rules and criteria.

The Broader Group applies to customers with a number of criteria including disabilities - however we only have a certain amount of spaces/quota and is on a first come first serve basis.

As mentioned - if you change your mind and would like me to escalate this back into this business for investigation and get a member of the Customer Experience Team to ring and talk through this with you, please let me know😊

Kind Regards,
    Rebecca, Utilita Community Manager
    @Natemac76 I never got mine neither!! I'm disabled a single parent and my house has an EPC rating of an F ..my house is freezing ...I moved to this so called company last year n its the biggest mistake I've ever done ...I applied for it within 2.4 seconds of it opening but I was too late as the dwp told them to close it as it had had too many applicants applying..... the utter rubbish what has come out of there mouths is untrue.......it's disgrace.....this company will be named n shamed on the Martin Lewis TV show
    Level 1
    I no it's a disgrace I applied for it way before the closing date utilita harassed me to apply for it then denied me of it the lies they have told me since is a joke they told me it was down to the DWP I phoned DWP and asked to speak to the floor manager he told me utilitas claims are false and they've had thousands of calls of the same thing utilita blaming them he told me the only role DWP have are the forms to apply for it and that it's down to utilita they then tried to say the person I spoke to can't have worked for DWP ? Then they told me it was down to offgem and then finally admitted after giving me the run around and all the lies that they had more applicants than they could except ? I watched the news this morning an MP phoned utilita and told them to cut her off as she simply refuses to pay the £693 increase as it is more than she is willing to pay and then whent on to explain if an electric company is asking for more than you can pay then they have to settle for a lessor cost of electricity you can't pay what you simply have not got like now since I paid my bills on time all the time since I came on this forum I have had non stop harrasment from utilita to pay my bills txt messages emails letters first of all they still have not refunded me for all the time they were charging me for economy 7 when I have not even got it second they robbed me of the warm home discount third they told me a pack of lies blaming everyone but themselfs now I just ignore them and will pay my bill as and when I can this company simply does not care about the customers that pay there wages that's why there not worth my time anymore there a joke I've reported them to ombudsman and my local mp and sent copy's of all the phone calls of them blatantly lieing to me I've also sent a copy to the daily echo which I truly hope they expose this scandalous company
Reply to Thread