Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
    Level 1
    I'm getting so frustrated and was wondering if anyone has any advice from previous experience please.

After about 3 years of being with utilita (signed up as I wanted smart meters and they were installing them in the area) finally had a smart gas meter installed last Sunday as my old meter packed up.

But it's still stuck in vend mode so I can't top it up- I've got money stuck on the new card, on the old card and lost in space somewhere after a failed online top up 5 days ago promised a refund that is yet to appear.
    I'm on 4 hours of being on hold this week trying to get help- got through on Monday but the guy hung up on me (hopefully a mistake). I've emailed customer services 3 times with no response (not even an automated one) I've emailed their complaints department with no response.

My in home display won't connect to the meter, the my utilita app won't connect to the meter and I have no idea if I'm getting into debt while vend mode is on or if ever going to get my refunds from the failed online top up or from my card for the old meter and it's all just getting a bit infuriating.

Oh, also when my in home display got delivered, it came with a letter stating I need to send a tenancy agreement or I'll be charged. Except I'm not a tenant so I need them to not charge me but can't get hold of anyone!

Does anyone ever get any response from customer services? Because I cannot take any more of their hold music and God damn helpful tips- 4 hours of it so far this week!

Thank you to anyone who's made it this far, and huge thank you if anyone has any information.
  • 1 Reply

Level 1
    3 hours on hold then cut off at home time- I'd recommend maybe a message to apologise for the wait or something utilita rather than the same soul destroying music and tips over and over and over.
    I've emailed customer service and complaints multiple times this week, Instagram messaged, joined cocking Twitter to tweet them, even emailed their lottery department that I've just discovered exists in the hope they can contact someone for me and spent 6 hours on the phone.
    I appreciate there's a lot going on in the world but I can't afford to have £140 stuck in no man's land and I can't afford to be charged another £40 for not sending something that doesn't exist and I'd really like to be able to actually top up and see what I'm using. It's a joke. Except I'm crying tears of frustration rather than laughter.
Reply to Thread