Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Hi on the 05/03/21 I received the following message on the Utilita app and as a text message On my mobile phone “Your Gas meter has detected a problem that may disconnect your supply at any time, please contact us Immediately on 01962 891191”

So called the number in the morning and they sent out an engineer that afternoon, the Utilita rep said it was a low battery on gas meter.

Engineer came, done all his checks and everything, he said the battery was fine but he went ahead and changed the gas meter and gave us a new gas top up card. I’ve only ever topped up my gas and electricity on the app and never used cards. After engineer went and I tried to top up gas meter and add the new card to the app, but couldn’t see where to add the new card on app. We called Utilita, and they said use the old card number as the new card will top up a gas meter somewhere else.

What was the point of the engineer giving us a new card ? On the 12/03/21 I received the same “Your Gas meter has detected a problem that may disconnect your supply at any time, please contact us Immediately on 01962 891191”

I am going to give them a call tomorrow.
  • 2 Replies

Level 7
    Hi @alistairmck yes definitely call, this sounds a bit confusing. Hopefully nothing too difficult to sort
    Level 4
    Hi @alistairmck,
    I agree with @Tillymint you should probably call them, or try there live chat this is always my go to when I need to get hold of Utilita.
Reply to Thread