Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    Name:  AutoPay.png
Views: 376
Size:  41.6 KB

Have you heard about the Auto Pay feature within the My Utilita app? 📱🤳

The best part of Auto Pay is that you can have peace of mind that you won’t run out of credit. Set-up an automatic top-up once your meter balance reaches £2.
    So, no matter whether you’re cooking a roast or watching your favourite tv show, you won’t be interrupted.

As a disclaimer, you would need to ensure you have the monetary amount in your bank account ready for when Auto Pay takes place.

Here, we decode the most popular questions around this feature! 🤔

Have you used Auto Pay? Let us know in the comments section below, with your feedback and experience using it! 👇

Auto Pays – FAQ’s

Who can set-up an Auto Pay?
    You’ll need to be a Pay As You Go customer with an electricity smart meter installed in your home to use Auto Pay.
    You'll need to start by downloading our My Utilita App. View our 'How To: Register for My Utilita' here.

How do I set-up an Auto Pay?
    Once you have downloaded and registered for the My Utilita app, visit the Payments page from the bottom navigation and select ‘Auto Pay’. Choose your electricity or gas (you’ll need to set-up these separately if you have both) and then select an amount that will be credited to your meter when your balance reaches £2.
    Finally, select the payment card that you’d like to use to pay for your Auto Pay and you’re done! If you need to change your Auto Pay in the future, simply visit the same Auto Pay page.

How do I cancel an Auto Pay?
    If you need to cancel your Auto Pay, you can do this at any time on the Auto Pay page within the My Utilita app. Just select the trash icon on your Auto Pay to delete it.

What happens when my Auto Pay is successful?
    The meter you have chosen will be credited with the amount you selected during set-up.
    We’ll let you know by email, SMS and an app notification once your meter has been credited successfully.

What happens if my Auto Pay fails?
    If your Auto Pay fails for any reason, we’ll let you know by email, SMS and an app notification.
    Please note – if it fails, you may need to top-up your meter in the normal way with My Utilita to make sure your meter doesn’t go off supply.

What if I don’t have enough funds in my bank account?
    If your Auto Pay fails because you don’t have enough funds in your bank account, you’ll need to top-up normally to get your meter balance above £2.
    Once your balance is over £2, your Auto Pay will work as normal. If your Auto Pay fails for any reason, we’ll let you know by email, SMS and an app notification.

What happens if I delete the app?
    If you delete the app, your My Utilita account will still exist and any Auto Pay you have set-up will remain active. If you wish to delete your My Utilita account, you can do this in the My Account section of the app.

What happens if I delete my My Utilita account?
    If you delete your My Utilita account, any Auto Pay you have set-up will be automatically deleted too.

Can my bank account go overdrawn?
    Your automatic top-up is paid with your bank card, so you’ll never spend more than the agreed available funds in your bank account.
    Last edited by Rebecca; 08-02-24 at 12:25.
    I am your Community Manager! 😀

To post a new thread about anything you like click here

Feel free to message me any time by clicking here
    🤗
  • 0 Replies

Reply to Thread