Utilita Giving
Everything on our Charity Partners and latest charity work and news!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hi,

If Rebecca is the one that reads this you might remember me from the ' Power Payback ' threads.

Basically I used to be homeless and living rough on the streets, still broke and unemployed. However am in a relevantly good place now.
    My electric usage is usually below 1kW a day, so only getting about 10p back each Power Payback :)

This might sound a bit of a moan, but bear with me.

I volunteer for a CIC, trying to help hospicies and the homeless. I got my £75 credit for warm house ... I'm a cold weather person anyway. According to my smart meter it means about 90 days of credit.

You have a system to take a portion of what you add to your meter to a ' savings ' account. How about a ' donate ' option ?
    For example I got that £75 credit, I'd like an option to donate £5 of that to an ' emergency ' fund run by Utilita that goes towards supporting people in real need if that makes sense ?

Anyway, all the best.
    Richard
  • 1 Reply

Head of Community
    @Trikky2 Hi there Richard,

I am so pleased to hear that you are doing well and it's a delight to hear from you 🤗

That is a really great idea. I will take this away to our Utilita Giving Team! I will stay in touch with what they say and how feasible the would be. I know we do lots to make it as easy as possible for our customers to donate - and I think this has been considered before, but it is no doubt a great idea!

I will be in touch in due course 🤗

Rebecca - your Utilita Community Manager
    I am your Community Manager! 😀

To post a new thread about anything you like click here

Feel free to message me any time by clicking here
    🤗
Reply to Thread