Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    THE WARM HOME DISCOUNT IS COMING SOON!

The scheme gives a one-off payment of £150 to eligible households who may need a little extra support with their energy costs over winter. The Warm Home Discount works differently dependant on where you live, so here’s a little reminder of how it works…

England & Wales
    You don’t need to apply if you live in England & Wales.

Scotland
    You need to apply between 11-18 September if you live in Scotland & meet the Broader Group criteria. However, if you’re in the Core Group, you’ll automatically qualify & won’t need to apply.

For more information or visit www.utilita.co.uk/WHD

Last edited by Rebecca; 30-08-23 at 13:59.
    I am your Community Manager! 😀

To post a new thread about anything you like click here

Feel free to message me any time by clicking here
    🤗
  • 6 Replies

Level 1
    hi when is this payed as i just checked eligblty and it says its ended im on pip and esa with less then fiver emgeancy left and maxxed out my power up
    Head of Community
    @05hudsond Hi there, if you were successful and received an email and/or a letter then it should say the payment date on the correspondence 🤗
    Level 1
    hi have revcived no email , how come im not eligable when im on pip and esa
    Head of Community
    @05hudsond I would not know I'm afraid as I do not have access to your account where this is a general advice forum.

What I would suggest is calling up the Utilita Contact Centre line on 0345 207 2000 and an advisor will be able to access your account and be able to tell you more.

I would also advice calling up the DWP as they are the ones that run the Warm Home Discount on a highler level, I have just checked and their number is 0800 731 0469.

Warmest regards,
    Rebecca
    Level 1
    Had telephone confirmation over 2 weeks ago i will be getting WHD and utila will be informed off this still no one will give me a proper answer yes i powdered up u even helped me Extra but now im going into friendly credit over holidays and have to pay that back first before you get reconnected i cant possibly do this its a joke not acceptable and why do u feel need to say we only get half at first is that so you can get the interest on remaining money im in debt and as up **** street im disabled can someone explain why this is happening
    Head of Community
    @Loubabes Hi there! 🤗

Sorry to hear this! Can I ask who it was via the telephone who confirmed you were successful for the payment? Was it Utilita or the DWP or another third party body?

We have emailed all customers that have qualified for this - so it may be worth checking your emails including your junk.

In regards to paying back the money for Friendly Credit, Emergency Credit and Power Up's - Utilita never take any interest payments ever. You are charged a percentage of all future top-ups to pay back only what you borrowed, nothing extra.

I hope this helps?

Warm regards,
    Rebecca
    Last edited by Rebecca; 28-12-23 at 12:47.
Reply to Thread