Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
    Level 2
    I don’t know how this company is still going, prices are daylight robbery, I suffer with mental health,ptsd, anxiety, depression, I have been fianancially struggling for weeks now, iv phoned the helpline at every different time on clock to try and speak to someone but after waiting in the cue for god knows how long, with that stupid music in my ears making my head go fussy, an me feeling Ill to then have the line go dead, try talking to a live advisor I start at num 400+ in cue to get alway to in numbers 20 for it to end my chat, I try to power up, there’s technical difficulties on that, (it’s never available it’s pointless) they have no idea what I go through iv got children in house freezing, trying to get help, panic sets in I feel that utilita are happy to see us struggle, they don’t ****** care about us quick to put cost up, all **** about been voted best supplier, I carnt take no more my kids are having to know sleep at my mums mi daughter suffers with croup an we’re expected to pay £20 a day on gas I only use gas for my heating an hot water it’s a joke I cannot carry on like this, makes me want to die feeling lonely cold helpless an all you that work for utility sit at home warm as **** ignoring us itl be a different story if they have my death on their hands
  • 9 Replies

Level 5
    I feel for you, I hope things get sorted soon.

Pretty much everyone posting on this site recently has had a similar tale and an unacceptable response from Utilita. They've already been warned by Ofgem about the way they have behaved in regards to vulnerable customers (but toothless Ofgem don't seem to matter).

The energy providers already are starting to get blood on their hands - see this;

The Mirror: Woman, 87, dies after hypothermia having been left unable to afford to turn heating on
    Last edited by Citizen83; 27-01-23 at 01:11.
    Head of Community
    @Terrileigh Sorry to hear you are feeling this way.

If you are on the Priority Service Register - which is sounds like you should be, then you have priority to speak to advisors in the contact centre and are pushed forward in the call wait.

Can I ask if you are on the Priority Service Register with Utilita?
    I am your Community Manager! 😀

To post a new thread about anything you like click here

Feel free to message me any time by clicking here
    🤗
    Level 2
    Hi I have notified utilita and filled the quick form/questionnaire out on the mobile app, but I haven’t heard anything I don’t know anything anymore, iv lost all hope in Utilita and after trying to contact for 3 weeks and getting no we’re I’ll freeze to death, or change supplier, British Gas and a few other energy suppliers are issuing a £200 grant to there customers that doesn’t have to bbe paid back and this isn’t from the government it’s from the company, there looking after there customers
    Head of Community
    @Terrileigh Can you pop me your customer ref number via private mail (link to do this in my signature below) so I can escalate this back into the business and get you an urgent call?

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    Level 1
    Rebecca. Funny you have replied to this person's complaint. What about mine? I've been complaining about the fact your company is causing me to spend £6 a day, £10 every two days since ******* Xmas! I want to be put on a pay monthly account just so I can leave your service and switch to a more affordable company, however you are entrapping me and my family Into an unaffordable service with you and refusing to do this for me. I have threatened you with the ombudsman, county court and I'm THIS close to walking into your branch in chandler's Ford and causing a HELL of a ******* scene as for consumers rights, I have a THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE and I CHOOSE to be put on pay monthly in order for another company to take me.on instead of being trapped in a dodgy ******* service with utilita. Believe me Rebecca, I am not a happy man, and I'm looking to bring utilita down. I have kids, and YOUR COMPANY IS MAKING THEM SUFFER. £174 IN TWO WEEKS ON MY ELECTRIC!! YOUVE LEFT US WITH NO FUNDS!! YOU BUNCH OF C***S!!!!
    L. JAMES
    Level 1
    And your company's telephone calls are ridiculous!! This sites forum states a certain way that you deal with complaints, I say your forum is a stinking lie. You only care about money. You don't care if your customers can afford your rates. Your trapping me and my family are refusing to deal with my query to the best of your skills. Instead of dealing with my problem. You put the phone to one side and **** off for 45 mins just for the call to disconnect. This is not okay, and making my family suffer is not okay. I promise, I'm going to town on you utilita. IT IS NOT OKAY TO MAKE MY FAMILY SUFFER. I MAY EVEN GET THE MEDIA INVOLVED OVER THE WAY YOU HAVE TREATED ME AND MY FAMILY.
    Level 1
    I’m curious James, what’s going on? I’m on prepay, I panicked the other day cos my meters were all negative, I knew they weren’t. I’m getting daily messages about things be down. I’m moving soon, I’m not sure I’m taking them with.
    Level 1
    Now I can see replies, just change…don’t even bother complaining. If your gas is on a lot it will cost that, I’m not sure it’s the company though, it’s the ridiculous price of gas right now. My body is warm cos I’m wrapped, my nose is blue. I’ve started wearing a beanie in bed, but I’ve got an oodie now, it’s Sherpa fleece. And some other fleece. The other fleece we used before, from BnM, still dead warm. You can defo get a few fleeces for less than 20 quid a day, get them for you n the kids, n turn the heating off until you need baths, etc.
Reply to Thread