Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hi i recently had an engineer come out to check my gas smart meter due to it not connecting to my in home display or on the app/website. It now connects to the ihd but still shows nothing on the app or your own website. Not only that but today in the space of 1hour the ihd claims i used £3.35 but the the combined use for the whole of the last week doesn't come to that.

I've tried calling but have been on hold for 2hours now.
  • 5 Replies

Head of Community
    @originalj4y Good morning 😀

Sorry to hear that - did the engineer say whether you had low communication between your main meter and the In Home Display? Although he managed to get the two to pair and communicate - the signal could still be quite low. A lot of the time it's out of our control and it's just the local area signal is poor. We can always send you a booster to help with this if you have not been given one already? This will be what is causing your balance to not show on the app. Although the app and the In Home Display are very similar - although you can pay via the app. I would try this signal booster to see if that makes a difference. If you would like me to request this booster for you, please private mail me your customer reference number by clicking here 🤗

In regards to the price/usage - in line with the price cap rising - we have raised our prices from 1 April, which you would have received communications about. With wholesale prices rising - and the price cap going up, this has been an industry wide price increase. You can find out more here about this- as we published a post explaining the reasons behind price rises and explaining letters for our members 😊

I hope this information helps?

Rebecca - your Community Manager
    Last edited by Rebecca; 04-04-22 at 07:47.
    Level 1
    No he didnt mention anything about signal dispite it being mentioned in the original call to the customer service agent. If there is not signal how does utilita even see how much i use? Also i'm aware of the price increase but that doesn't explain why my electric is ok but one bath cost me £4.79 or why im not on the tariff that the email about said charges says i should be on. Something about being charged a higher rate for the first 60kw instead of the first 2kw per day.
    Level 1
    @originalj4y Good morning 😀

Sorry to hear that - did the engineer say whether you had low communication between your main meter and the In Home Display? Although he managed to get the two to pair and communicate - the signal could still be quite low. A lot of the time it's out of our control and it's just the local area signal is poor. We can always send you a booster to help with this if you have not been given one already? This will be what is causing your balance to not show on the app. Although the app and the In Home Display are very similar - although you can pay via the app. I would try this signal booster to see if that makes a difference. If you would like me to request this booster for you, please private mail me your customer reference number by clicking here 🤗

In regards to the price/usage - in line with the price cap rising - we have raised our prices from 1 April, which you would have received communications about. With wholesale prices rising - and the price cap going up, this has been an industry wide price increase. You can find out more here about this- as we published a post explaining the reasons behind price rises and explaining letters for our members 😊

I hope this information helps?

Rebecca - your Community Manager
    whyhaven't I been offered a booster .
    Head of Community
    @Dave Hi there. This is due to the fact that an engineer had already been to this members property and carried out a communications check. This is always the first thing that is done. Therefore, as secondary resort a signal booster was suggested.

The same process has been suggested for yourself. I have received your private mail with your details - thank you - this is being escalated for you as one of our community members.

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    I am your Community Manager! 😀

To post a new thread about anything you like click here

Feel free to message me any time by clicking here
    🤗
    Level 1
    @Dave Hi there. This is due to the fact that an engineer had already been to this members property and carried out a communications check. This is always the first thing that is done. Therefore, as secondary resort a signal booster was suggested.

The same process has been suggested for yourself. I have received your private mail with your details - thank you - this is being escalated for you as one of our community members.

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    much appreciated. Wish I'd contacted you months ago
Reply to Thread