Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hi everyone 🙂 I'm at Witt's end with this new home smart meter display unit twice I have contacted utilita and they have tried connecting it just saying connecting or not commissioned. been told today to leave it on for 24 or 48 hours which I know nothing is going to change. This is a replacement from my old 1 I would rather of put up with in accurate said money's on the screen then nothing on the screen at all. I think these in home meters isn't compatible with my electric meter as the old in home display was called secure as on the electric meter. This in home display is geo. I'm no tech person but they have sent messages to the in home box and nothing. Oh well I shall wait another 2 days for nothing which I will be back at work and no good then when I'm not at home🤔
  • 9 Replies

Community Manager
    Hi @Mole1,

The Geo is compatible with both SMETS1 AND SMETS2 which are the most up to date smart meters. Please feel free to send your details to me and I will see if I can assist.

Cat
    Level 1
    @Cat hello did you report my issue for engineer to come and sort the issue I had the smart diplay box on all weekend still doing nothing.👍
    Community Manager
    Hi @Mole1,

I did request a date for you and your account shows a voicemail was left by the scheduling team. The appointment is booked for 21/10/22 between 9am and 1pm. If this is not suitable, please let me know.

Cat
    Level 1
    I have the same issues. At a similar time last year I was trying to sort the in home display. Got told to pit it by meter for 24 or more hours. 'Not commissioned' it says. Eventually was told on Chat that an engineer would come out to meter but they couldn't confirm a date. 12 months on, when usage is at the forefront of my mind - I've tried the same thing, and now spoken to someone who told me the same - to leave it by metre. She was meant follow this up by ringing me back but hasn't.
    Level 1
    I have been having this issue for months
    i HAD to pay for my replacement display as my dog broke my original. I have had 2 geo screens sent and neither have worked. Not connected.
    i have tried speaking to someone and have been told the same thing over and over.
    i would like someone to contact me via email to sort this and arrange for an engineer to come out and fix this
    Level 1
    I have been having this issue for months
    i HAD to pay for my replacement display as my dog broke my original. I have had 2 geo screens sent and neither have worked. Not connected.
    i have tried speaking to someone and have been told the same thing over and over.
    i would like someone to contact me via email to sort this and arrange for an engineer to come out and fix this
    Level 1
    Yeah the geo 1 isn't compatible with the meter named secure I worked that out I did speak to someone and they said they sent all the messages through to the meter but nothing in the end engineer came and gave me a newer old 1 that was the same make as the meter.
    Level 1
    @Ecotam what is the name of the meter if it is called secure and you have a geo1 they are not compatible I had my geo on for 3 days nothing not Commissioned that's all it said eventually got the old style back but it's still not in line with what it states on the electric box 😞
    Has anyone got this “not commissioned” problem sorted…mine is doing the same and has been for over 6 months. When I first contacted Utilita they said they would be intouch with sending a engineer out and this did not happen, contacted them 2 days ago and got told to reset my in home display which I did and still the problem not solved? The worse thing about all this is I got charged for my in home display!
Reply to Thread