Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    Hello everyone! I hope you are all well? 😀

We are all feeling the pinch even more than usual with the cost of living crisis really kicking in. I have noticed basic items such as bread, baked beans, milk, and more go up in price considerably. Even own brand items are rising to unbelievable prices.

With this in mind - anything I see worthwhile I want to be posting to help the Community out. Please feel free to do the same if you see any helpful information!

With the kids summer holidays in full swing - I wanted to share the below, which will help a lot of parents here on the community out! 🤗

Name:  IMG_0736.jpg
Views: 6129
Size:  295.0 KB
    I am your Community Manager! 😀

To post a new thread about anything you like click here

Feel free to message me any time by clicking here
    🤗
  • 4 Replies

Head of Community
    Michael86 - you may find this useful for your money saving Facebook page. Also, I would love you to share anything you have to help the community save money - what with the cost of living crisis really kicking in now 🤗
    Level 1
    There are some great prices on foods out there especially if you shop at Aldi and OR / Lidl they have some great offers also Lidl have their Veg Boxes at £1.50 today there was a Melon in one box absolutely great condition, you need to visit the store before 11.00 am to get the best bargains. If you take care you can save on Asda Just Essential Range plus many items in Asda are cheaper than other Supermarkets you just have to shop around. It is easy to make meals go further with addition of extra veg. There should be no need to throw food away or waste food because it was not stored correctly. If you wish to message me for extra tips.
    Best of Luck
    Head of Community
    @michaelpeter Thank you so much for your great advice! It is so great to see.

Please do feel free to post a blog piece on here with any guides or tips! I am sure our members would love to see it 😍
    Level 1
    Hello Folks how to eat well on a tight budget for a family of four.
    Buy 4 pork chops a kilo of brown onions a 2.5 kilo of Fluffy Maris Piper Potatoes a family bag of frozen peas a tub of gravy granules salt and pepper to taste.
    Cook pork chops in the oven, turn the chops at least twice. meantime prepare the potatoes, onions, put the skinned onions in the oven with the chops.
    Boil the potatoes until soft, cook the peas until ready. Strain the potatoes and mash using some margarine butter spread to cream. Strain the peas. Make the gravy.
    Plate the chops 1 per person,onions, mashed potatoes,peas and gravy and there you have a wholesome meal for four people for under £5.00
Reply to Thread