Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
    Level 1
    Hello there, My partner and I recently moved into a flat supplied by Utilita and discovered we are on Economy 7.

I now work from home full time since COVID hit and being at home all day with the higher daytime rate means we are paying an extortionate amount on our prepayment meter (which we also want to come off!) We have got rid of the storage heaters bar one so don't need the overnight charging feature anymore just a lower daytime rate.

I'm aware that Utilita are currently paused on issuing smart meters but we really need to come off Economy 7 and the pay as you go situation as we are topping up every four days at the moment!

I rang Utilita every day last week and today and give up after being on hold for 30 mins so thought I'd try here for some advice.

Thanks in advance
    Anna
  • 4 Replies

• Verified Answer

Head of Community
    Verified Answer
    @ashandanna17 Morning and welcome to the Community Anna. That is certainly something that would be possible.

I presume you will be getting central heating to replace the storage heaters?

The option for you taking what you have said above into consideration would to go on a credit meter and pay via direct debit?

Rebecca
    Level 1
    Morning Rebecca,

Yes that's exactly what we want to do. I think that the storage heaters were already changed to electric radiators before we moved in but we will be removing and getting a central heating situation, yes.

How would we go about getting the ball rolling on this - do you know?

Thanks!
    Anna
    Head of Community
    @ashandanna17 I can escalate this back into the business for our Billing Teams attention for you 🤗

Can you pop me a private message with your account number and/or full address & postcode?

Thanks,
    Bec
    Head of Community
    @ashandanna17 Good morning guys,

I wanted to check in as I know our Billing Expert Callum called you yesterday again. Is everything going in the direction you wanted?

Let me know! 😀

Rebecca
Reply to Thread