Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    I am new to the Community and would welcome any help I can get! In October I had a new smart meter fitted which has never worked properly. On one occasion it went offline for 5 days ("trying to connect"). Every day when online it tells me that I have no pre-payment gas facility - I do.

I am now at my wits end. LiveChat and direct telephone calls do not help - the only (repeated) suggestion is to unplug and reconnect, a daily procedure which sometimes helps, albeit briefly. Emails to customer relations take weeks to elicit a response (not the five working days promised). When I did eventually get a response it was to say that I would be liable for a charge of £39.99 if the meter were replaced. This is the first time I have ever known a customer to be charged for replacement of a faulty product - and I am 70 years old.

Has anybody else experienced a similar issue and was it resolved - if so, how?

I am now at the point of making a formal complaint. Has anybody else been forced to taking this step as a last resort, and did it get you anywhere?

Thanks for any help!

johnnysmiff51
  • 1 Reply

Head of Community
    @johnnysmiff51 Hey there and welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that! As I can see no members have jumped in and gotten back to you, I thought I would jump in 😀

I would be happy to pass this back into the business for investigation with our tech teams.

Please can you pop me a private mail with your customer reference number and/or full address so I am able to get this escalated?

Thanks,
    Rebecca - Your Community Manager
Reply to Thread