Off Topic
The place for you to share and discuss your interests and hobbies. Fancy discussing tech, music, games, TV and more? It's all here.
Forum banner picture
View Tag Cloud
    Staff
    Matchweek 12 in the Premier League

Now that this recent international break has ended, we are returning with our weekly predictions to welcome back the Premier League! As per usual myself and Nick have done the unthinkable and attempted to predict another batch of games which we shall be reviewing later in the week as well.

Match Predictions:

Leicester VS Chelsea

Firstly, we have Leicester at home to Chelsea which may prove to be a good watch, as the home side is unbeaten against their opponents for the last three home matches. Yet it will be hard work for both sides given their highly talented managers and players alike. For this reason, we both believe this match could come end with points shared, however I do believe the current leaders in the PL race will want to stay at the top and by using the firepower that they clearly have available up front they could upset the home fans with a few late goals.

• Nicks Prediction: Leicester 1 - 1 Chelsea
    • My Prediction: Leicester 1 - 3 Chelsea

Next, we have the exciting side from Birmingham, Aston Villa who may just become that much more exciting with their latest signing. Premier league legend turned class manager – Steven Gerrard, who shall be looking to kick things off quickly to regain the results that have now been expected of the Villa faithful. Nick predicts another draw here; I do disagree as Brighton have a spark about their football this season and although teams do tend to bounce quick with a new manager appointment, I predict Brighton will be the more composed of the two sides in the evening.

• Nicks Prediction: Aston Villa 1 - 1 Brighton
    • My Prediction: Aston Villa 0 - 1 Brighton

Burnley VS Crystal Palace
    Burnley will be desperate to get out of their current relegation spot, but there are in entirely different places now, with tactics that are incomparable and recent forms and league positions. This will be a key point as the players step onto the pitch as the away side will be more confident, we have both agreed that this will end in a Palace victory, although we wouldn’t be surprised if they managed a point due to current circumstances.

• Nicks Prediction: Burnley 0 - 2 Palace
    • My Prediction: Burnley 1 - 2 Palace

Newcastle VS Brentford

Eddie Home will be needing to make an instant impact here, personally I expect him to do so. Although it is a tough challenge ahead and their current position is not encouraging at all, the home manager has in my opinion better talent available to him now than he did with his former side. Newcastle has a bunch of game winners in their football team and with the right system they could really start to wow teams again with the likes of Alan Saint-Maximin and Joe Willock for example. We’ve both agreed there will be a quick impact by Eddie Howe even though we are fully aware that Brentford have the capacity to upset anyone in the league.

• Nicks Prediction: Newcastle 1-0 Brentford
    • My Prediction: Newcastle 1-0 Brentford

This one really is strange, Dean Smith will become the only manager to face the same opponent twice but with different sides in the Premier League for the first time since – will this prove favourable to the new coach or will it be another upsetting result for him against the Saints. Nick has gone for the latter with a couple of goals between them. I find it hard to disagree, the Canaries will want to make an instant impact as well, but this may not be the game to do that in given the Saints recent turn in form as well. I predict that they could share points here as I personally cannot see a lot if any goals in this game.

• Nicks Prediction: Norwich 0 - 2 Southampton
    • Nicks Prediction: Norwich 0 - 0 Southampton

Watford VS Man UTD

Watford will look to show the league what there are made of with the influence of their new manager. This will be a tough home test though because even though their recent form has been dreadful the players within this seemingly ’bad’ side are world class, and capable of many things. Yet, their recent results are inexplicable even for their manager, but recent reports suggest that he is getting behind his team to save their season and likewise his job. We both predict this will be the case and that the away side will manage a win here due to the differing skill level of the individuals on the pitch, particularly if there are any penalties. But Claudio Ranieri is the man that has been known recently as a man able to create ’upsets’ so we will both be keeping an eye on this game as well.

• Nicks Prediction: Watford 0 - 2 Man UTD
    • Nicks Prediction: Watford 1 - 2 Man UTD

Wolves VS West Ham

Wolves will host West Ham at home, and it will be one of the toughest challenges here given this new look West Ham side. Declan Rice has been instrumental in the football that the Hammers have played recently even being described a “Rolls-Royce of a player” by Danny Murphy and his peers alike and if he’s in form yet again it will be a long weekend for the home side. Moyes has turned this West Ham into an undeniably top six side now, as it is hard to find a team better or at least playing so now, in the league. Due to this I predict an easier afternoon for the away side, Nick has agreed and predicted a similar result.

Nicks Prediction: Wolves 1 - 3 West Ham
    My Prediction: Wolves 0 - 4 West Ham

This matchup is one that always brings several goals statically. Whilst it is a given who the better of the two sides is currently given their recent achievements, the form of late is what is important right now. Liverpool can concern a lot of sides with their high-pressure football and class up front, but the Gunners have finally developed their defence into something quite impressive. With their new look defence only conceding only 4 out of 7.1 expected goals against them in recent games (stat from Sky Sports) Nick has predicted a Liverpool win here considering Arsenal may focus on being more defensively sound against a very dangerous attack. An arsenal win here would be interesting though, as this would place them above Liverpool given, they were fifteen whole places below them in September, I am going for points shared here.

• Nicks Prediction: Liverpool 3 - 1 Arsenal
    • My Prediction: Liverpool 1 – 1 Arsenal

Man City VS Everton

On Sunday we have the last two games. Starting with the home side, they have not had the best results that we have been accustomed to with them, but the performances have still been great. It is having to see anything, but a win here given Everton are looking better these days but are not quite at the stage to beat City at home. Particularly after their recent result. Nick has predicted a 3 – 0 victory for the home side and I have even agreed with the score line, hopefully Everton put up more of a fight than we are predicting but we cannot see any game winners in this current Everton side that can do it against the top, top teams.

• Nicks Prediction: Man City 3 - 0 Everton
    • My Prediction: Man City 3 - 0 Everton

Spurs VS Leeds

Lastly, we have Antonio Conte's new side going up against Leeds, the North-London side will be looking to capitalize on their front man’s recent International form and hopefully put a few goals between themselves and Leeds although it will not be easy as the away side will be desperate to not be a victim here as they also have stars capable of high-quality moments. Yet, we’ve both agreed that Spurs may win here and given how better defensively they’re now looking it could also be a clean sheet for them. I predict a one nil victory for the home side and Nick also predicts just a goal will separate the two sides.

• Nicks Prediction: Spurs 2 - 1 Leeds
    • My Prediction: Spurs 1 - 0 Leeds

Hope you enjoy this post, please keep an eye on our Off-topic for further information on the Upcoming Auction and Utilita Football events.

• 1 Reply

Level 2
    ⚽⚽Premier League fixtures roundup match week 12! ⚽⚽

The Premier League is back after the final round of World Cup qualification before the play offs in March, we saw a few shocks and even a manager get the boot after a lacklustre start to the season.

Result

Leicester 0 3 Chelsea
    My prediction
    Leicester 1 1 Chelsea
    Nuno’s prediction
    Leicester 1 3 Chelsea
    A fine individual goal from N’Golo Kante against his former club helped Premier League leaders Chelsea to a 3-0 win over Leicester City at King Power Stadium. The visitors, now four points clear at the top, went 1-0 up in the 14th minute when Antonio Rudiger headed in from a corner, delivered by another ex-Leicester player, Ben Chilwell. They rounded up the win with a goal from the substitute Christian Pulisic in the 71st minute. Chelsea are on top form this season and it’s going to be a struggle for anyone to challenge them for the title this season.

Result

Aston Villa 2 0 Brighton
    My prediction
    Aston Villa 1 1 Brighton
    Nuno’s prediction
    Aston Villa 0 1 Brighton
    Ollie Watkins and Tyrone Mings scored in the last seven minutes to deliver a debut victory for new head coach Steven Gerrard, as Aston Villa beat Brighton & Hove Albion 2-0. Some great goalkeeping from both sides meant it took nearly the entire game to break the deadlock but Villa managed in the end, great start to life in the midlands for Steven Gerrard after leaving Rangers for Aston Villa during the international break.

Result
    Burnley 3 3 Crystal Palace
    My prediction
    Burnley 0 2 Crystal Palace
    Nuno’s prediction
    Burnley 1 2 Crystal Palace
    Maxwel Cornet's stunning strike earned Burnley a point as they twice came from behind to draw 3-3 with Crystal Palace. A vital point at home for Burnley who are relegation contenders this season with Southampton dropping point against bottom of the league Norwich, Sean Dyche and his squad can be happy with the result.

Result

Newcastle 3 3 Brentford
    My prediction
    Newcastle 1 0 Brentford
    Nuno’s prediction
    Newcastle 1 0 Brentford
    Allan Saint-Maximin earned a point for Newcastle United as they twice came from behind to draw 3-3 with Brentford at St James' Park. Eddie Howe missed out on being at the dugout for his first game since being appointment Newcastle manager as he contracted Covid-19 however with the help of his assistants a well-earned draw does wonders to the players confidence after a terrible start to the season for the Geordies.

Result

Norwich 2 1 Southampton
    My prediction
    Norwich 0 2 Southampton
    Nuno’s prediction
    Norwich 0 0 Southampton
    After an early goal from Che Adams for the Saints, Norwich quickly got themselves back into the game with an equaliser from Teemu Pukki minutes later. Southampton decided to attempt to hold onto the draw but well into the second half Norwich got themselves a winner as the New Canaries boss Dean Smith couldn’t have asked for a better start to his career at the club.

Result

Watford 4 1 Man UTD
    My prediction
    Watford 0 2 Man UTD
    Nuno’s prediction
    Watford 1 2 Man UTD
    Vicarage Road saw the biggest shock of the match week as Manchester United poor form finally cost manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as he was sacked after three years at the helm after an inexcusable performance only weeks after the embarrassment at Old Trafford against Liverpool. Watford moved four points clear of the bottom three as a 4-1 win over 10-man Manchester United gave Claudio Ranieri a first home win as head coach.

Result

Wolves 1 0 West Ham
    My prediction
    Wolves 1 3 West Ham
    Nuno’s prediction
    Wolves 0 4 West Ham
    Raul Jimenez scored the only goal as Wolverhampton Wanderers denied West Ham United the chance to go second in the Premier League. A third successive Premier League home win for the first time lifts Wolves to sixth on 19 points, just four behind fourth-placed West Ham.

Result

Liverpool 4 0 Arsenal
    My prediction
    Liverpool 3 1 Arsenal
    Nuno’s prediction
    Liverpool 1 1 Arsenal
    Liverpool kept up the pressure on leaders Chelsea with an emphatic 4-0 victory over Arsenal at Anfield. The hosts had the better of the early chances, with Arsenal goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale in fine form. The win moves Liverpool into second place with 25 points, four off the top and two ahead of Manchester City, who face Everton on Sunday.

Result

Man City 3 0 Everton
    My prediction
    Man City 3 0 Everton
    Nuno’s prediction
    Man City 3 0 Everton
    Me and Nuno have finally got a prediction right and it’s both on the same game who’d have thought! Raheem Sterling, Rodri and Bernardo Silva were all on target as Manchester City beat Everton to leapfrog Liverpool into second in the table. Back-to-back victories take City's points tally to 26, three fewer than leaders Chelsea. The title race is heating up!

Result

Tottenham 2 1 Leeds
    My prediction
    Tottenham 2 1 Leeds
    Nuno’s prediction
    Tottenham 1 0 Leeds
    As the game week wraps up I correctly guess both of the Sunday games! Tottenham Hotspur came from behind to claim a 2-1 victory over Leeds United as Antonio Conte secured his first Premier League win as the club's head coach. Leeds stay 17th with 11 points and were the only side in the bottom seven not to claim points this weekend.
Reply to Thread