Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    I moved into a property in September. I have a pay go electric meter and a has meter that constantly said default that I could not get a reading from. For 4 weeks I tried to find out if it was it go or credit and how I could get a reading. I would ge passed from pillar to post or cut off until I put a formal complaint in. The complaint was responded to and I was offered a new meter. I took a day off work and the engineer showed up to tell me he didn’t have a meter to fit as it needed to be a SMETS2 and I would have to request in a couple of weeks. He did manage to get a reading and confirm it was a credit meter. I received a bill on the same day he arrived which was for almost £80 for a month which is ridiculous usage. The bill was estimated but the reading that the engineer gave was 300 units less than the alleged start read. I therefore made a further formal complaint over 7 days ago which has not yet been acknowledged never mind responded to. Today I topped up my electric meter with £25 as it has less than £1 on it currently. I did this via the app but the app has decided to divert this payment to the has bill!! Without permission leaving me with no electricity. Can anybody advise how I can resolve this as the phone lines go unanswered until I get cut off and 7 days for acknowledging a complaint is disgusting. Also if anyone can advise how to leave this shambles of a company it would be appreciated
  • 1 Reply

Level 1
    Having just spent an hour and 15 mins on a call with customer services I am no further on and have basically been told to contact my bank to cancel the payment rather than it being refunded by utilitia despite them diverting it without permission. I still cannot top up my electric so will be in the dark very soon
Reply to Thread