Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hi, I'm new to utilita and have an issue with my top up of both Electric and Gas by pre pay card.

when I top up I loose on average £2.00 of credit in addition to any debt I have on meter ( I drive hgv so I am not always at home when credit runs out ).

i.e. credit on meter £ +1.50
    top up amount £ 50.00
    credit added to meter....
    actual credit of meter after top up...£49.50
    instead of £51.50

Has anyone had this happen to them or can someone explain it to me please.

already chatted to utilita chat room and I got told its because I dont have utilita meters?

but have not had this issue with any other supplier.

thanks.
  • 2 Replies

Head of Community
    @Tiny19681 Hey! Welcome to the community and nice to hear from you!

This is 9 times out of 10 because you have some kind of debt on the meter and it will be taking a certain percentage of top-ups from your top-ups. It's usually set at 25% of what you top-up.

If you spoke to the agent and the looked into your account (which is what needs to happen as its an account specific enquiry) then they should have been able to detect anything else causing this. But from my knowledge that's is the only thing that would be taken off your top-ups.

I would 100% advise booking an Utilita Smart meter if you have not already got one.

If you are still having the issue, on this occasion I can escalate this for investigation back into the business if you pop me a DM with your account number and/or full address & postcode. 😀

It is very tricky when members have account specific issues - as other member can't essentially give advice for you. If it's more 'general' then its easier for members to give advice.

Hope this answer helps? 😀

Rebecca
    Level 1
    Hi Rebecca,
    Thanks for reading my post,
    as I said this happens when I'm in credit...
    and is a random amount...
    more importantly your rep at point of sale did not inform me of this happening on change of supply to Utilita.
    Had he done so I would not have changed supplier.

I was told many times that there was no standing charge...and you only pay for the energy you use.

This does not appear to be correct.

I am currently monitoring my gas and electric usage at meter readings and have noticed that my average consumption by cost has increased dramatically.

I was using 60p to 70p a day plus standing charge.

I now average £2.50 a day ???
    some of this is due to rise in cost of energy ....but most certainly not all.

unfortunately I can not change supplier at the moment, however as soon as I can I most certainly will.

As for having a new meter, I have had NO ISSUES AT ALL with previous suppliers.

I believe I was mis sold the energy supply bundle at point of sale by your rep, due to not being given a true account of charges and potential issues (known issues) by him at signup.

The sooner I can move my supply, the happier I will be.
Reply to Thread