New to the Community
This is the place where you can introduce yourself, find out what the Community is all about and read our guidelines.
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    This page is for those customers who are taking part in our new Customer Testing Trial. πŸ˜€

Thank you for signing up to take part. πŸ‘

Why are we doing this Customer Testing Trial?

Utilita is embarking on a customer testing trial, measuring how effective and accurate systems are in identifying highs and lows in customer energy usage.

These events may relate to appliances left turned on or changes in consumption habits.

From being the first energy supplier to rollout smart meters to customers in 2005, to this year’s launch of energy efficiency feature Smart Score, Utilita has led the way in giving customers unrivalled control and visibility of their energy usage. It’s no less than you’d expect from the only energy supplier actively encouraging customers to use less energy.

Keen to build on this record of innovation, we want to engage with customers to try and understand how we can further adapt our products and services.

That’s why we are launching one of our biggest customer trials on 15 November 2021, lasting 4 weeks.

How does the trial work?

The trial will last 4 weeks, starting November 15. Confirmed participants can earn up to Β£20 free energy credit by taking part.

You will receive an SMS each weekday (Monday-Friday) to the mobile number that you provided during sign up.

The SMS will include a question about your energy usage the previous day. You will be required to respond β€˜Y’ (Yes) or β€˜N’ (No).

If you successfully respond to the daily SMS messages each week, Β£5 energy credit will be automatically added to your meter on the Monday the following week.

We’ll send an SMS confirming when the credit has been added.

SMS usage alerts

You will receive the following SMS alerts during the trial relating to your energy activity on the previous day:

- High alert - triggered when usage is higher than expected.
    - Low alert - triggered when usage is lower than expected.
    - No alert - triggered when usage is as expected

FAQs

What does the high alert mean?

The high alert is triggered when usage is higher than usual for a specific time of day.

For example:

If you use an electric oven at a time you don’t usually cook.
    An electric heater is turned on at a time you wouldn’t normally use it.

What does the low alert mean?

The low alert is triggered when usage is lower than usual for a specific time of day.

For example:

If you wake up later than normal.
    Your home is unoccupied, and appliances aren’t used.

What does the no alert mean?

The no alert is triggered when your usage is as expected, and no significant changes took place that day.

When will you receive a 2nd SMS?

If the algorithm is incorrect and should have recognised higher/lower usage that day, you can reply β€˜N’ (No) to the first SMS message.

If you reply β€˜N’ (No), you’ll receive a second SMS to confirm if and when your usage was in fact higher or lower than expected or if there should have been no alert at all.

When should you reply to the SMS?

You must reply to the SMS on the day you receive it. Important - the question in the SMS relates to your energy activity for the previous day.

When will I receive the energy credit?

If you successfully respond to the daily SMS messages each week, Β£5 energy credit will be automatically added to your meter on the Monday the following week.

What if I haven’t received my Β£5?

If you have any questions about your credit during the trial, please email us at energyplus@utilita.co.uk

Keep up to date with us and let us know how you are getting on with the trial in the comments section below!
    Last edited by Rebecca; 02-11-21 at 13:23.
  • 7 Replies

Hi, I signed up for trial this week and received relevant emails to confirm but never received any text message yesterday at all.
    I've double checked my contact details in-app just in case and there appears to be no issue there.
    Head of Community
    Hi, I signed up for trial this week and received relevant emails to confirm but never received any text message yesterday at all.
    I've double checked my contact details in-app just in case and there appears to be no issue there.

Hello! πŸ˜€

Oh no - thanks for brining this to my attention - we really appreciate it!

I've passed this back into the business and the department leading this trial are now looking into it as we speak.

I'll report back as soon as I have an update from them for you πŸ‘

Rebecca - your Community Manager 😊
    All sorted now, SMS/Text alert received and responded to.
    Thanks again for your help Rebecca
    Head of Community
    @Jammydodger1980 Really pleased! πŸ˜€

Just an FYI for anyone taking part in this trial - any issues in regards to SMS's going out have now been fixed and re-sent to anyone affected πŸ‘
    Head of Community
    Hello guys! - Happy Friday πŸ€—

Just a quick update for you all on how the trial is going! We have sent 4 days worth of alerts alerts to 55 trialists this week and out of those

- 220 alerts were generated

- 27 of those were High or Low usage alerts

This is great news, let's keep going - you are really helping us and we're really thankful to each and every one of you!

Please keep updating us on your feedback and thoughts in the comments section on this post!

via GIPHY

Head of Community
    Happy Friday all!

Another week has come to an end with lots of responses from trialists!

We're thrilled so many people have engaged and supported us by sharing their view on their electricity usage.

As sign of gratitude we have credited more than Β£400 so far to your electric smart meters!

Really good job everyone! One week left! Let's keep going! πŸ˜€

via GIPHY

Head of Community
    Hi everyone! πŸ˜€

We are happy to announce we are over the finish line and the end of what has been a very successful trial, with 78% of the SMS alerts to have received a response from you all.

All in all, we produced:

133 High usage alerts, 77 Low usage alerts and a total of 835 No alerts!

It really took us by surprise to learn that you agreed to our alerts 95% of the time. That’s great! πŸ˜€

We are glad that you support us in our quest to improve our products and services and your feedback via SMS and survey responses is invaluable to us.

Thanks to your consistent efforts we managed to apply Β£810 (collective total across all trialists) worth of energy to your smart meters. And just in time for Christmas!

Please let us know your feedback in the comments below how you found it!
    πŸ‘
Reply to Thread