Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    I am wondering what Utilita are doing to help customers of their Energy company who have to choose between either putting gas and electric on their meters or put food on the table.

I applied for the Warm Home Discount, but was unsuccessful in getting it as I was in the broader group. I suffer from mental health issues and I am classed by the DWP as limited capacity to work and I only have heating and electricity because I have help from my mother in law who is an 86 year old pensioner. She wants to help me, I didn't ask, but a pensioner shouldn't have to help her son in law out.

I get 261 per month to live on so once I pay the top up on rent, what is left is for the test of my bills. Once them are paid I have to choose between heating my house, having electricity or food for the month.

When I enquired about why I was unsuccessful in getting the warm home Discount I was told by an obvious call center person who told you have just been unsuccessful and that was it no explanation, nothing. So I get the feeling that Utilita don't care about their customers either.

I have also contacted the Prime Minister's office at the way people are chosen for this warm home Discount as well to see if rules could be changed as well.
  • 1 Reply

I was told I needed to send more info. Even though I sent everything I had and was successful the last 2 years with exactly the same info, so God knows what's happening lol
Reply to Thread