Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Hello Everyone,

Recently signed up to join Utilita. My supplies changed from British Gas on 27/09. However, I now have doubts due to how hard it's been to contact someone at Utilita - and guess what I have still been unable to talk to anyone.

Tried calling 2 different numbers - just kept on hold for 20+ mins with no sign when it's likely to be answered. Tried Live Chat which just times out after 3-5 minutes with an excuse of No Operators available.

I now know the answer to my question through digging through the pages of My Utilita, but that does nothing to quell my concerns for the future if I can't to talk to any other than an irritating irrelevant bot on a website!
  • 2 Replies

Head of Community
    @portarri Hey and welcome to the Community!

Sorry you found it difficult to get in touch! We are finding incoming customer contact rates have shot up recently due to the energy crisis and customers being concerned around this.

Live chat or our social media messaging is usually the best way to get in touch - or our Help Centre on the website and our 'Help and Support' section on here have some really great content and cover just about anything you'd want to know.

All the best,
    Rebecca - your Community Manager
    Thanks for the reply Rebecca.

Live Chat isn't exactly live until you waded through loads of irrelevant text returned by the "bot" who tries to guess the answer to your query - most if which would have been read beforehand whilst searching through the Help Centre.

Not a great fan of social media, and hate the assumption that I'd be happy to sign up to such a service just to enable to me to talk to a company who provides my energy.

While I didn't physically find the answer to my query, I came across something in the "My Utilitia" section of the website which allowed me to assume the answer I had devised from this to be correct answer.

Anyway, let's not dwell on this, I'm sticking around as I really don't want to be messing around changing again so soon and that I live in hope that companies will come to realize that the human touch is 100% better than been asked to trawl through pages of text.
Reply to Thread