Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hi all.

I am a new customer to utilita after moving into a house on the 24th. When setting up my account the guy said there is no data being sent from the gas meter and they would have to get an engineer out, but topping up would work fine.

I have topped up Β£60 of gas this week and none of it has registered on the meter. I have manually entered the codes and they came up with rejected invalid when entered.

I am now in - 15 emergency and the gas has been disconnected.

I have been on hold to customer service for over 3 hours since yday (the phone automatically disconnects after 30 mins on hold).

I am at my wits end already with this. How am I supposed to get this sorted? I spoke to someone on live chat who's response was top up as normal and I have no engineers available or no dates available so I really do not know what to do.

This is really not a good start to us moving into our first house and the way it is impossible to contact anyone seems unreal.

Please help!
  • 3 Replies

Head of Community
    @Rickyg Hello! πŸ‘‹

I am so sorry that you have had such a shoddy start to being a customer! πŸ˜₯

As you are about to go off supply - I am happy to step in on this occasion and escalate this behind the scenes.

I will need you to send me a private message on here with your full address and customer ref number if you have it. I will then get an agent on the case to see what is going on and how we can get this fixed.

Thanks,
    Rebecca - your Community Manager πŸ˜€
    Level 1
    Hiya Rebecca thanks for your reply, I actually managed to get in touch with someone today who has sent me over a code to try in the meter when I get home from work, he said 100% it will work so I'll try that and get back to you should there be an issue πŸ‘πŸΌ

Many thanks again
    Hi Rebeca ,
    am experiencing similar problem with my Gas meter. Despite having enough credit it’s still β€˜ SAYING SUPPLY OFF’

My housing association has been at my house to check the problem. They concluded that the meter is faulty . Which is the responsibility of My gas supplier ( Utilita).

I have been on the phone since about 10am this morning even till now as I type . I have still not been able to get someone to answer and resolve the issue .
    customer reference number: 2954511972
    I have been out of gas since yesterday. but I initially contacted my housing association thinking the fault was my boiler.

please assist
    thanks
Reply to Thread