Become a Bill Buster!
All the top tips on how to save energy at home.
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    During the past 18 months, as you will all know – life has been stripped back and we have had to think of new ways to entertain ourselves through this pandemic. One of the many ways to pass the hours was to cook – as the UK stayed in, and we took refuge and comfort in ‘home sweet home’. I for one whipped up some culinary creations that I couldn’t quite believe I was capable of – and subsequently my cooking skills vastly improved.

This of course led to me boasting to my friends and family on phone and video calls, especially when the dreaded question: ‘what have you been up to’ arose, and I was stuck for answers. As a consequence – quite a number of friends and family proceeded to tell me about how they had purchased an air fryer – and what a game changer having one in their kitchen was.

To start with, I couldn’t quite get my head around how warm air with very little oil could cook so many things; Salmon, Battered Fish, Chicken Nuggets, Chips, Veg – the list quite literally goes on and on - it’s capable of cooking healthy and fried food – and the truth is, there isn’t much you can’t cook in it…

There are two main benefits to air fryers – 1, health benefits and 2, they use a low amount of energy compared to the traditional white good, such as the oven or microwave.

What are the health benefits?

According to ‘Integris Health’ - "Air fryers can offer healthy alternatives for your favorite fried foods by cutting up to 80 percent of calories and using significantly less fat from oil. Eating fried foods is linked to an increased risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes and some cancers. If you frequently eat fried foods and are trying to cut back or make healthy changes, an air fryer could be a healthy option for you.

It’s important to note that air fryers can reduce the risk of toxic acrylamide formation in food. Acrylamide is formed when frying foods in oil and is linked to a higher risk of certain cancers."

What can you cook in them?

When it comes to air frying, the most important thing is choosing healthy recipes. You can use your air fryer to cook healthy fruits and vegetables and lean proteins. Fried food replacements can be a fun treat on occasion

Air fryers can come in a variety of prices to suit your budget! In terms of energy costs to run an air fryer, ‘Which?’ have tried and test and have found that if you cooked four portions of chips three times a week for year, the most energy-efficient air fryer would cost you £14.33, while the least efficient would set you back £18.43.

Read more: https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/air-...s-aCHgw2L7PYzU - Which?

Some easy air fryer meals to inspire you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Salmon Recipe.PNG 
Views:	3479 
Size:	624.0 KB 
ID:	132
    Source: Delish.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Falafel Recipe.PNG 
Views:	2736 
Size:	559.8 KB 
ID:	133
    Source: Skinnytaste.com

Have you got an air fryer? What do you think of them and do you have any recipes you'd like to share! Commend and get involved in this thread below in the replies! 😀 👇
    Last edited by Rebecca; 11-08-21 at 14:13.
  • 3 Replies

Level 7
    @Rebecca I love anything that is quick and easy as I hate cooking. I do love my slow cooker so maybe my next kitchen gadget will be an air fryer. 👍
    Head of Community
    @Tillymint Love it! I need to invest in a slow cooker ready for Winter Stews! You cannot beat it and they use low energy too which is always a plus! 😀
    Head of Community
    @Rebecca I love my air fryer. Living alone it's so much quicker and more energy efficient to use than waiting 15 minutes for the oven to heat up before I can use it. It's great for cooking chicken or salmon fillets, but also great for quick chips!!
Reply to Thread