Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    I saw the message 'Sorry your payment was declined' when I tried to top up recently. I tried on My Utilita and then on the automated top up number.

Yesterday, I checked with my bank and they said there is no problem with the debit card I'm using to pay with. They told me that the reason why the payment request from Utilita was declined is because it wasn't submitted properly. I've explained this in a message via 'Contact Us' on My Utilita which I sent in yesterday.

I thought I would mention it here as well in case someone else has had the same problem.
  • 1 Reply

Head of Community
    Hi @marvinkosh 😀 - thanks for sharing this. I hope our Contact Centre Team respond to your message soon, which I am sure they will soon! It will take looking into the attempted transactions to see where it failed.

Today we have been made aware that many banks are now implementing extra security measures to transaction processes, so this could be to do with these extra security measures that banks are implementing which is causing these failures. We are looking into it to see what we need to do o eradicate this, or what we need our customers to do to bypass this failure process. As soon as we know we will provide an update 😄

To find out how to use your Emergency Credit click here

You are also covered by Friendly Credit hours during the weekend, which starts from 2pm today until 10am Monday morning!

Have a great weekend 🤗

Rebecca
Reply to Thread