Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hello all,

We had our smart meter installed last Friday and all seemed to go well. When the engineer had finished, the Electricity information was showing on our In-Home Display, but not the gas. He told me that it may take a few hours to show up. It didn't, so I telephoned support on Saturday morning and was told that I had to allow up to 24 hours. Again, no problem, I'll just wait.

It's the following Thursday now, and the gas portion of the IHD still says; "This does not apply to your gas supply". Any ideas why it's not showing me any information on my Gas yet? 🤔
  • 14 Replies

• Verified Answer

Head of Community
    Verified Answer
    Hi @SockWulf, your Community Manager, Rebecca here 😀

Thanks for your feedback here and I am sorry that this has caused an issue for you.

I wanted to reach out to you as we are aware of this issue and we're working with the manufacturer who makes our In-Home Display screens to try and get this issue regarding it displaying gas fixed.

I should have some kind of update next week, so I will reach out to you and let you know what this is. We are working hard to get a resolution for this - so I just wanted to put your mind at ease that it's in hand 😊

I will speak to you next week!

Rebecca
    Level 1
    Ah! So it's a known issue @Rebecca?

That actually sets my mind at ease somewhat then. I imagine that I can top up with my card for the time being? 😀
    Head of Community
    @SockWulf Yes you should be able to still top-up using your gas top-up card and via the app.

Part of the internal resolution here is to hopefully get it resolved, but also, if it's not going to be a quick fix, ensure we educate all customer facing staff, so customers like yourself are told the correct information 😀

Any problems topping-up, just shout - but you can go to your main gas meter and push 'B' and it will show you your gas balance for the time being 🤗

Anything else just shout!

Rebecca
    Level 1
    I don't have the option to top-up my gas via the app or on the website at present @Rebecca, but I can with my electric, so I shall have to use the top-up card for now. 😀
    Level 1
    @SockWulf Yes you should be able to still top-up using your gas top-up card and via the app.

Any problems topping-up, just shout - but you can go to your main gas meter and push 'B' and it will show you your gas balance for the time being 🤗

Anything else just shout!

Rebecca

Well @Rebecca, I topped up £10 using my gas top-up card about an hour ago, and it hasn't shown up on the meter. It's almost as if the meter itself isn't connected to you guys!?

I can't see my gas balance anywhere other than on the meter itself - which is 86p right now. I get these options on the site and app. No sign of the gas information at all!?

Name:  Balance.png
Views: 6924
Size:  49.7 KB
    Name:  TopUp.png
Views: 6711
Size:  32.8 KB
    Head of Community
    @SockWulf I am going to pop you a private mail 😊
    Level 1
    Hi, I too am having this issue since having meters and display install last Wednesday, after a day the display stops showing balance on the pre pay display for gas with message "does not apply to your supply". I have to switch it on and off for it to show again, spoke to utilita on phone and one lady said it shouldn't be left on and I'll have to keep turning it on and off. I don't accept this as what's the point in having a display for it to be off all the time. Obviously there's a fault and needs a firmware update or such to remedy the issue. Please help.
    Level 1
    Hi all,
    I'm also having same problem and had an engineer come out, he replaced my electric meter but not the gas one, he said all the info goes thru the electric meter anyway. He also said my meter signal was very low and that was why I couldn't use the app as main office were getting no info from said meter. He said better meters were on the way in about 6 weeks or so and he recommended I ask for one as I'm never going to get the service I signed up for with the current meter. I had £10.30 credit in the old electric meter, he took a photo of the balance to prove it and said it would be sent to the new meter, stupid me forgot that the new meter still has the old meters fault of not being connected to main office. So I'm now using emergency credit and my old balance has disappeared. I sent customer services an email but no feedback yet, too stressed to handle a phone call. On a slightly brighter note my IHD works with my meters tho I do have to turn it off and on to get the gas display up. Apologies rant over, just so sick of this hassle.
    Hi Everyone

Install Wednesday15/09/21 having all the same problems in home display says connecting all the time balance on my account for gas not showing have spent in total approx. 8hrs either online or on hold trying to get this fixed to no avail

on my online account i have been told that im on friendly credit i have plenty of credit paid in being told its a software issue they know about it?
    but if you check tariff instead of the 1st 2 kilowatts being charged at a specific rate it is now the 1st 60 kilowatts

its something to do with old meters Smet 1 needing a firmware update if you got a Smet 2 meter should be ok my question is this knowing they need a firmware update they should not have been installed.

if i had actually purchased these items they would fall "under not fit for purpose"
    waited 3 months for install had it done fails 1st day doesn't instil any confidence in smart meter install does it
    Last edited by wongjeffrey; 21-09-21 at 11:57.
Reply to Thread