Off Topic
The place for you to share and discuss your interests and hobbies. Fancy discussing tech, music, games, TV and more? It's all here.
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    Hello to all our lovely Community Members! Did you know it is Mental Health Awareness Week?

This years theme is NATURE - and that is so relevant after the year we have had. A lot of us have taken refuge in the great outdoors, not only with our daily walks/exercise, but also taking advantage of being out of our four walls and taking the time to slow down and notice nature, tree's, birds etc.

The Mental Health Foundation through research this year found spending time outdoors has been one of the key factors enabling people to cope with the stress of the Covid-19 pandemic. Throughout the pandemic, nearly half (45%) of people in the UK told us that visiting green spaces, such as parks, helped them to cope.

Have you always been a nature lover or have you gained a new found appreciation for it? Have your say below!

For more information, guidance, advice and material on Mental Health Awareness Week 2021 click here!

The most important thing is that you are NEVER alone, and that there will always be someone to listen and be there for you. This Community is a safe space and we are all here for one another!

As always, if you need any assistance or have any questions, please send me a DM here.

Your Community Manager,
    Rebecca

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MHW.png 
Views:	2729 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	80

Other articles you may find helpful relating to this one:

How are you?

How are you coping?
  • 2 Replies

Staff
    @Rebecca Mental Health Awareness is a great thing, as everybody knows at least one loved one that has or may be going through it.

I am particularly fond of this Month's theme. I have learnt that connecting with nature can play an important part in improving people’s mental health and make us feel better about ourselves specially recently with the pandemic and all. A lot of close friends have mentioned the key role that being outdoors and surrounded by nature has played in helping them cope with worrying and stress in regards to the Covid-19 as well as regular life stuff.

Thank you for including that link as I have developed my knowledge further, so I can pass this along to my loved ones in hopes it may help. I'm pleased that this page also confirms that nature is not going to solve all mental health issues. But it also agrees that connecting with nature can play an important part in improving people’s mental health and make us all feel better about ourselves.

Not everyone has access to Nature but even a few minutes outside if you have a garden can help, if you don't try to find a moment to go outside for a few minutes get some fresh air and observe the birds, trees and life all around you.

Best wishes to all,
    Nuno
    Last edited by Nuno; 12-05-21 at 08:49. Reason: submitted too early, mid typing..
    Community Manager
    @Rebecca, you know how much I love Nature so I am thrilled with this theme.

I believe it is one of the best medicines and soaking it up has always been a great therapy for me. The best thing about Nature for me is how calm it makes me feel and the different ways we can enjoy the outdoors. I particularly enjoy walking and sitting in Nature but also photographing it for my Insta!

How does everyone else enjoy and appreciate Nature and the outdoors? 🐞

Cat
    👋
Reply to Thread