Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
View Tag Cloud
    so I switched to Utilita in Sept which means that I missed getting my payment and it was too late to apply for the benefit for this year from Utilita. has anyone else lost a payment due to switching provider
    Last edited by clairech1973; 12-04-21 at 11:36.
  • 3 Replies

Head of Community
    Afternoon clairech1973 and a warm welcome to the Community!

Can I ask what method you signed up with us? You should have been briefed by the telephone or door to door sales agent that you would miss the cut off for the Warm Home Discount application window depending on when you signed up.

You would have had your sign up followed up with a PBL call where our team make sure you are happy with the sale and brief you on important factors such as this.

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    I did it online, not once was I told I'd lose the benefit for this year as i wouldn't of changed until after I received the payment as i can't afford not to get it. what can I do
    Head of Community
    Hi clairech1973 - I have gone away and investigated this with our Sales Team and from what I have found, we do not remind our customers about the Warm Home Discount and switching as part of the online sign-up journey - however, we do have an array of information for prospective customers to browse over before they go ahead with the sign up on our website here - I have fed this back to our sales department to ensure that we implement a disclaimer to remind our customers who are applying to sign -up around the cut off Claire. I do apologise for any inconvenience. The scheme dates can change slightly year to year, so we cannot pre-empt when it will be too far in advance. But appreciate if the scheme is already live and a customer like yourself goes to sign-up and will go live after the application window closes, we can make this clearer - which we will make sure happens.

Your feedback has been really helpful for us to improve on this Claire, and for that we're really thankful. We always want to be improving based on our customer feedback! 😀

Thanks,
    Rebecca
Reply to Thread