Off Topic
The place for you to share and discuss your interests and hobbies. Fancy discussing tech, music, games, TV and more? It's all here.
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    Today is Pancake Day & we’re flippin' happy about that! (get it?) 😁

Here are some low cost, tasty recipes to try tonight! πŸ‘‰ http://bit.ly/3qoHOkz

What is your favorite topping? Have your say in the comment thread below! πŸ‘‡

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANCAKES.jpg 
Views:	6337 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	59
  • 12 Replies

Level 7
    I LOVE PANCAKES! Are they yours @Rebecca Sadly my attempts this year have been poor. I am however very good at flipping. Maybe later I will post a video of my pancake flips 😁 I am old school and I love traditional lemon and sugar.
    Community Manager
    Oh boy one of my favourite days of the year almost forgot about it with the lockdown days blurring into one, Thank you for this lovely little reminder post @Rebecca and the pun πŸ˜„.

Some great recipe ideas in there but my favourite is the classic pancake with crispy bacon, syrup and powdered sugar so yummy πŸ˜‹ although there seems to be debate about bacon with pancakes what do people think yes or no.
    Head of Community
    I LOVE PANCAKES! Are they yours @Rebecca Sadly my attempts this year have been poor. I am however very good at flipping. Maybe later I will post a video of my pancake flips 😁 I am old school and I love traditional lemon and sugar.

Ohhhhh You cannot beat a good Lemon and Sugar pancake @Tillymint 😍 Also my fav! That is not my photo no, haha! I do also like Banana and Nutella pancakes too, but the simpler the better for me!

Somoene told me they were having cheese and marmite pancakes earlier! Now that is an odd one!
    Head of Community
    Oh boy one of my favorite days of the year almost forgot about it with the lockdown days blurring into one, Thank you for this lovely little reminder post @Rebecca and the pun πŸ˜„.

Some great recipe ideas in there but my favorite is the classic pancake with crispy bacon, syrup and powdered sugar so yummy πŸ˜‹ although there seems to be debate about bacon with pancakes what do people think yes or no.
    @Dean I went to New Hampshire a few years back in America, and they are BIG on mapel syrup out there and I did try the classic pancakes with syrup and bacon, and it was not for me. But as you say, I think people either love it or hate it like marmite. For me I cannot get my head around savory and sweet being mixed together! πŸ€”πŸ˜―πŸ˜¦πŸ€ͺ
    Level 3
    Last night I treated myself to a traditional lemon and sugar pancake.
    One with chocolate chips.
    Finally one with honey.
    One of the best days of the year haha.
    I tend to go crepe rather than American pancake, I like the thin crispy bits.
    Level 7
    Ohhhhh You cannot beat a good Lemon and Sugar pancake @Tillymint 😍 Also my fav! That is not my photo no, haha! I do also like Banana and Nutella pancakes too, but the simpler the better for me!

Somoene told me they were having cheese and marmite pancakes earlier! Now that is an odd one!

@Rebecca yuck! I don't like the idea of a savoury pancake. Sweet all the way!
    Level 7
    Oh boy one of my favourite days of the year almost forgot about it with the lockdown days blurring into one, Thank you for this lovely little reminder post @Rebecca and the pun πŸ˜„.

Some great recipe ideas in there but my favourite is the classic pancake with crispy bacon, syrup and powdered sugar so yummy πŸ˜‹ although there seems to be debate about bacon with pancakes what do people think yes or no.

@Dean I absolutely would have bacon with my pancakes but only if I was at an American Diner. πŸ₯ž
    Level 7
    Last night I treated myself to a traditional lemon and sugar pancake.
    One with chocolate chips.
    Finally one with honey.
    One of the best days of the year haha.
    I tend to go crepe rather than American pancake, I like the thin crispy bits.

@watercolour Yes, crepe style is the best! How did they turn out? Mine were a flop. I know the first one is always a throw away but tbh I would have thrown all mine away lol!
    Level 7
    @Dean I went to New Hampshire a few years back in America, and they are BIG on mapel syrup out there and I did try the classic pancakes with syrup and bacon, and it was not for me. But as you say, I think people either love it or hate it like marmite. For me I cannot get my head around savory and sweet being mixed together! πŸ€”πŸ˜―πŸ˜¦πŸ€ͺ

@Rebecca do we have a debate on our hands? lol. Have you ever had cheese and cranberry , nomnom. Not on a pancake but on a toastie or something. Belisima! lol
Reply to Thread