Off Topic
The place for you to share and discuss your interests and hobbies. Fancy discussing tech, music, games, TV and more? It's all here.
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    How do I cancel my account on this community?
    Since joining, have been spammed endlessly by private message and email from "Russian" Girls?
    Can't be bothered to continue with a system that has zero moderation or filtering.
    So how do I delete my account?
  • 1 Reply

Head of Community
    How do I cancel my account on this community?
    Since joining, have been spammed endlessly by private message and email from "Russian" Girls?
    Can't be bothered to continue with a system that has zero moderation or filtering.
    So how do I delete my account?

Hi @monkehfu

We are so sorry to hear about the spamming you have received, this is fairly normal on forums like this, however, it is something we do not take lightly and we ban every single spam account we see that behaves in this manner.

Up until this point as we have looked at how spamming occurs, we have had to remove these messages and the users manually whilst creating the enduring solution. We have met with our platform providers to ensure we eradicate this and a number of process changes will be implemented by close of play Friday which will ensure all future spammers will not be able to enter the community or send messages.

We have taken steps with our provider to ensure that we can identify future spammers and have them removed automatically.

We really appreciate you being one of our first members of the community as part of our soft launch, which was designed to iron out issues like this.

Any member can feel free to report and tell us about spammers, that is part of being a community member, that if you see anything that is inappropriate or breaking the community guidelines, you inform me, your Community Manager.

Your Community Manager,
    Rebecca
Reply to Thread