Off Topic
The place for you to share and discuss your interests and hobbies. Fancy discussing tech, music, games, TV and more? It's all here.
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    @Nevaeh @Thesheep @Robin @Debsvance @PasqualeMe @DEDMonte53 @Urocchvvk @watercolour @Huckleberry @LisaM @Anna @Lorraine @Martinglild @HoseaGuill
    @MoseDimond @blondi @Laurae91 @Storm

Hello fellow Community Members šŸ˜€

Did you know that today is 'Blue Monday' - Taking place on the third Monday of January ā€“ which this year falls on January 18 ā€“ Blue Monday is supposedly the saddest day of the year, due to a combination of bad weather, long nights and the lingering aftermath of the festive glut. The idea of Blue Monday was first conceived by Dr. Cliff Arnall in 2005 and it was published as part of a press release by Sky Travel.

Firstly, I wanted to ask - How are you doing today?

Here is a reminder to be kind to yourself today, whether it's talking positively to yourself inside your own head, or taking time out of your day for yourself; maybe going out for a walk, making yourself a cuppa and snuggling down with your favorite book or TV series. We can all do things to try and make ourselves feel better. For me, I like taking a warm shower. I find that self care really helps me feel so much better. I also like to make myself a nice meal. Small things like this can be so surprisingly good for your mindset.

But it goes further than that, what can we do to cheer our friends or family members up today? Taking the time to reach out, whether it's a short phone call, or a text or email. Sending someone a thoughtful message can make all the difference to their day. We know too well here at Utilita, with some of the feedback our customers give to our staff over this pandemic and harder winter months, it really does make our staffs day to hear this positive feedback:

"Tasha from the Billing Department was extremely helpful, patient & friendly. Awesome girl!"

"Yasmira did her very best to help me with my problem, she was so polite!"

"Melanie was friendly & made sure I understood what was going on. I would hire her in a heartbeat if I had my own business!"

We want to know one thing you are planning to do today to try and make yourself better, and who is the one person/people that have really helped you through these hard times during Covid-19?

Tell us in the reply box below! šŸ¤—
  • 4 Replies

Level 4
    Hi @Rebecca, This post couldn't have come at a better time as ive struggled this week had some bad news, However after reading this I am going to do something positive and cheer myself up, So I plan on treating myself and family to a takeaway and film night, We havnt enjoyed a takeaway for months now so I'm sure this will cheer them up as well.
    Level 3
    @Rebeca

It really is an odd time of the year. I like what you said about talking to yourself nicely. It can be easily done to be unkind to ourselves. From time to time I need to remind myself to not be so hard on myself. It's ok to not be ok all the time. Addressing that to yourself is really important <3 I try to do this every time I hear the saboteur in my head, I tell it "Ok, you've said your piece and I hear you, but we are moving past this as we are much more than that".
    Just every now and then I do this.

Today I plan on not putting to much pressure on myself and enjoy some chocolate.

As for who's been there for me during Covid, I have had a small group of friends I regularly chat with. We've recently started watching Disney movies together on our Disney + accounts which has been very novel and fun. They've been a great source of positivity.
    Head of Community
    @Naruto1234 that sounds like a great idea, I hope you have agreat evening
    Level 7
    @Rebecca it may be blue Monday but Iā€™m feeling ok. The weather is rubbish however. I have decided that today is not blue Monday, it is happy Monday (no relation to the group happy Mondays).

I am going to watch a DVD of my favourite comedian Jason Manford and have cuddles with my cat.

My cat has helped me and family generally just being the crazy funny family they are lol
Reply to Thread