Off Topic
The place for you to share and discuss your interests and hobbies. Fancy discussing tech, music, games, TV and more? It's all here.
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    Hello Utilita Community! I hope everyone is well πŸ˜€

OK - so I am not even on TikTok but I have seen this viral recipe going around like wildfire.

What is the recipe you ask? Well - it's simple yet delicious. And even if you are not a fan of Feta cheese, I can assure you that you'll probably still enjoy it!

It's SO easy to make, so even if you are a nightmare at cooking, you'll ace this dish and it's super quick!

Ingredients:

- 1x block of Feta
    - 2x punnets of cherry tomatoes
    - Salt
    - Olive Oil
    - 2x Cloves of chopped garlic
    - Fresh Basil
    - Chilli Flakes (optional)
    - Your favorite pasta

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius or 180 degrees if it’s a fan oven for us Brits.
    2. Add the cherry tomatoes, salt and olive oil to the roasting pan and stir, before adding the block of feta cheese to the centre and adding a dash more of oil and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
    3. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
    4. Turn the heat up to 220 degrees celsius (200 degrees in a fan oven) for another ten minutes.
    5. Remove from the heat and add the chopped garlic and fresh basil into the pan and mix all of the ingredients together until it creates a thick, creamy texture.
    6. Add in your cooked pasta and stir thoroughly before serving.

See a quick Tutorial here from the famous TikTok video itself! 😍

@grilledcheesesocial

Baked feta pasta viral recipe! Inspired by #uunifeta via @liemessa & @tiiupiret #learnontiktok #foodtiktok #foodie

♬ She Share Story (for Vlog) - 山口倕依
  • 5 Replies

Head of Community
    Hmmmm I'm not sure about that one personally, won't the feta just disappear when you add and mix with the pasta? I'll stick with my fried haloumi salad :)
    Head of Community
    Hmmmm I'm not sure about that one personally, won't the feta just disappear when you add and mix with the pasta? I'll stick with my fried haloumi salad :)
    I thought the same @Russell - but it's very nice, and still very saucy because of the amount of cherry tomatoes you are baking with it. My husband hates tomatoes but even he is a fan! 😍 Although he has a very sweet tooth, so I suspect that's why! πŸ˜‚
    Level 7
    @Rebecca this has to be one of the oddest virals I have heard lol. I am not a fan of feta so I wouldn't try it but I am always on the look out for new recipes. I am sure you did a great job making it Rebecca. Keep the ideas coming!
    Head of Community
    I thought the same @Russell - but it's very nice, and still very saucy because of the amount of cherry tomatoes you are baking with it. My husband hates tomatoes but even he is a fan! 😍 Although he has a very sweet tooth, so I suspect that's why! πŸ˜‚
    Maybe I'll give it a try :)
    Head of Community
    @Rebecca this has to be one of the oddest virals I have heard lol. I am not a fan of feta so I wouldn't try it but I am always on the look out for new recipes. I am sure you did a great job making it Rebecca. Keep the ideas coming!

Thanks @Tillymint - sharing is caring and if I ever think something is worth the hype then I like to share that. Especially now we are all forced to cook at home and are unable to try new food out at restaurants πŸ’›
Reply to Thread