Off Topic
The place for you to share and discuss your interests and hobbies. Fancy discussing tech, music, games, TV and more? It's all here.
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Community Manager
    Happy Halloween everyone! πŸŽƒ

It is that spooky πŸ¦‡ time of year again when you can dress up and decorate your home with giant spiders and skeletons.

How will you celebrate All hallows eve?

If you have children of a certain age then you might be dressing them up and taking them β€˜trick or treating’, carving a pumpkin or making some cool Halloween decorations. If you have yet to do any of those keep reading, there is still 2 entire days to prepare.

If you are looking for some cool stencils for pumpkin carving, click here to find hundreds of great ideas. This is the site I used for my pumpkin and I was pleased with how well it turned out.

Name:  lukasz-niescioruk-xVG-TpHG2NY-unsplash.jpg
Views: 3121
Size:  2.19 MB

Once you have hollowed out your pumpkin and you don’t want to waste anything you can of course then make use of the seeds and pumpkin flesh. Here is the recipe I followed and it turned out so well. If you can think of any other great recipes pop them below.

If you are stumped as to what to do with the seeds here are some great ideas. I am undecided as to how I will use mine as there are so many great ideas. How will you use yours, toasted, sprinkled on your salad, in a dessert?

Name:  monika-grabkowska-VVPC-DEBi2I-unsplash.jpg
Views: 2853
Size:  2.81 MB

Finally, if you are a bit crafty and your kids love getting creative you can always make some great decorations. One of my favourites to do is paint jars or cover in tissue paper, place some cool designs on and put a tea light inside. So simple! A great idea I found here is vampire bat leaves. Take the kids out for a nice afternoon walk and no doubt the ground will be littered with leaves. I particularly love kicking leaves and hearing the sound they make; you are never too old to enjoy this. Collect a few leaves and then get painting. All you will need is some black paint, spray paint is easier and a white or silver pen to draw the face.

Let us know below if you decide to do any crafting, carving or dressing up πŸ•Έ and we would love to see your pictures in the comments below πŸ‘‡.

Whatever your plans have a great weekend and don’t forget to brush your teeth after eating all those sweeties kids! 😁
    Last edited by Rebecca; 01-11-21 at 08:26.
  • 4 Replies

Head of Community
    Love this @Cat!!! I was sadly poorly over the Halloween week/weekend - but was planning to dress as Cruella! I am so gutted that instead I spent the whole weekend in bed - however, I did manage to carve a pumpkin with husband, so I will post this below! πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ
    Level 2
    Name:  FB_IMG_1635702082356~2.jpg
Views: 2560
Size:  238.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20211031_161859_525~2.jpg
Views: 2575
Size:  1.62 MB

So my grandson just wanted to be a cute carrot this halloween!! and Gramps carved this pumpkin which is a xbox Among us theme!!.
    Community Manager
    Name:  20211025_203222 (1).jpg
Views: 2571
Size:  96.3 KB

This is my attempt at carving a pumpkin. First time carving I might add, so with that in mind I am very pleased!
    @Debby, he looks cute, did you take him out 'trick or treating'?
    Level 2
    @Cat Yes we did go trick or treating but we all got very wet as the rain here was pretty awful yesterday!!! Your pumpkin looks amazing!.
    Last edited by Debby; 01-11-21 at 11:45.
Reply to Thread