Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    I've had nothing but issues with my account since joining Utilita, specifically with the Gas meter and the inability to give any useful data via the app or even do something simple like sync with the IHD.

Apparently, after several hours on the phone this morning to Utilita (and don't even get me started on how difficult it is to find a working phone number), it turns out after resyncing the account, the network signal from the meters isn't powerful enough to reach 12 inches away, let alone through a wall or across 9ft of empty space.

Surely, with the ridiculous costs, PAYG users are lumped with compared to DD customers, you could supply a little more power to the network cards in the meters so they actually work? Otherwise, what's the point in an IHD?

In all honesty, I only came to Utilita because of my solar panels, (which is still debatable if they actually work with SMETS 1 meters) but considering what a s**t show the experience has been so far, I'm starting to wonder if I made the right choice?
  • 2 Replies

Community Manager
    Hi @monkehfu,

It is a shame you are considering switching suppliers. Has anyone suggested fitting a booster to boost the signal to the meters? If not I would suggest contacting customer services via 0333 333 7442 or live chat at the bottom right corner of the website here to request this be done.

All the best
    Cat
    The meters and IHD do not use a domestic WiFi network, they use a closed network over mobile phone networks.

If they did use my own WiFi network there wouldn't be am issue. Part.of the problem is my meters being SMETS1, which have poor networking. Many of the issues with network communications were resolved in SMETS2. They also resolved the issues with solar.panels and smart meters in the new.meters.too. Alas,.Utilita will not.upgrade meters.

Lastly, my gas meter isn't even communicating with Utilita, I've had no data from my gas meter for almost a year in the app and online, but again, Utilita have done nothing to resolve this. So I have no idea what my gas usage and spend is.
Reply to Thread