New to the Community
This is the place where you can introduce yourself, find out what the Community is all about and read our guidelines.
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    Hello to all of our wonderful Community Members! 👋

Today is International Day of Persons with Disabilities and we’re celebrating with a social media takeover over on our Twitter page! Do go and check it out!

Over the past year we’ve been working with D&A – who’ve helped us deliver sessions to our staff to create an inclusive culture at Utilita. We spoke with some of our team to find out how they’ve been benefitting from these workshops – here’s what they had to say 👇

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SM_Social Media_International Day of Disability_1stpost.jpg 
Views:	4753 
Size:	472.4 KB 
ID:	8Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SM_Social Media_International Day of Disability_Sasha_quote.jpg 
Views:	3727 
Size:	731.9 KB 
ID:	9Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SM_Social Media_International Day of Disability_Bec_quote.jpg 
Views:	3488 
Size:	851.0 KB 
ID:	10

All of this ensures that we can give you, our customers and members, the best service possible and ensure that every single touchpoint you experience from our service is a positive and inclusive one!

We want to know what this day means to you, and if you live with any disabilities of any spectrum, and how you cope day to day. Has the app been beneficial for helping you top-up? Or do you have any feedback! We would absolutely love to hear from you 😊

Let us know by replying to this thread!

Thanks,
    Rebecca, your Community Manager
  • 4 Replies

Level 1
    Hi from Robin - I am in no way classified as disabled, I might want to claim something if they allowed that !!!! but many people are for good reason. Disability takes many forms from inconvenience to very severe and these people need a level of support appropriate to their condition. People are individuals and disabilities are usually personal to each one.
    Head of Community
    @Robin we could not agree more. We want to be able to serve all abilities, which includes those customers that are not classed as disabled too, but have differing levels of ability. We believe that no one is disabled until society does not cater/consider them and their needs. That's why we want to ensure we are as inclusive as we possibly can be of every single customer and their needs 🤗
    Level 1
    When it come to Utilita you will be the best person to go to - Rebecca but I make an offer now I am almost 70 yrs old and have done or tried most anything and although I can't claim to be an expert at everything I have a good grounding in lots of things so give me a try and see if I can help with whatever the problem is. Whoops gone and said it now LOL
    Head of Community
    Haha! That is great to know Robin! When we start to get more or our members asking questions on here, I have no doubt that you will come to the rescue and have a lot of helpful answers to their questions. Age is just a number, but I can already tell you are very wise indeed.

It's starting to get chilly down here on the south coast! What is the weather like where you are? ❄
Reply to Thread