Off Topic
The place for you to share and discuss your interests and hobbies. Fancy discussing tech, music, games, TV and more? It's all here.
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    Sorry my post will be a negative one. I suffer with a personality disorder, and being indoors with curtains closed is nothing new for me. I do have mental health care
    co-coordinator who is great. So if anyone wants to ask me about any aspects of my mental health as I have a few please just ask away.

Good morning to you Storm, sorry to hear that and it's so brave and inspiring of you to share that with us here. This community is a safe place and I have no doubts that there are other people who can relate to you, especially the bigger the community gets. I am so pleased to hear you have support and that your coordinator is helpful. We are so pleased to hear from you and thanks for sharing, it will undoubtedly help others feel less alone who are in the same boat as you. Sending you a virtual hug and warmest wishes.

Rebecca
    Head of Community
    I do own a red lipstick but must admit I don't wear it, right now with this cold weather my lips are dry so my go to weapon to keep them moisturised is blisteze (sorry if not spelt right) its amazing.

Good morning @Anna - I am in the dry lips club, especially with the heating on in the house a few hours in the morning and evening. I swear by carmex. I have tried all the more expensive ones like Elizabeth Arden etc but they never work as well as a pot of carmex. blisteze is also a goodie! 😍 I'm also being sure to moisturise religiously and practice self care. Having a warm bath once a week etc. @Storm do you find this helps when you're feeling particularly low? Do you have any coping strategies that are your go tos?

Rebecca
    Level 3
    @Storm

Hi Storm,

How are you keeping up? After reading your post I wouldn't class it as something negative but sharing your truth and there is nothing wrong with that.

Seeing as you say you tend to be indoors anyway, I was wondering since the lock down, have you seen a change in your usual activities to change things up? I find it can get samey so I love knowing what others get up to.

Level 3
    No I don't change things I tend to hide away from the world. N all I do is play games on my phone which has cost me hundreds of pounds, but that's part of the mental health problems I have. Thanks for asking xx
    Level 3
    No I don't change things I tend to hide away from the world. N all I do is play games on my phone which has cost me hundreds of pounds, but that's part of the mental health problems I have. Thanks for asking xx
    @Storm

I see, yes it is very easy and comforting to do what you have done. I play Sims and it makes me feel content. I started something new in 2020 though and I wasn't confident it would stick but I continued it and do it now too. I started painting, now that's my new thing that passes the days by. Do you like to be creative?
    Level 3
    I use to cross stitch and do diamond art painting, which you needs loads of patients for, which I haven't for a long time, but the thing is I have hundreds of pounds worth of cross stitching items too lol xx
    Head of Community
    @Storm that sounds incredible! Sounds like you are into your art and crafts? I know that one of our members @watercolour loves painting and drawing, it's so nice to have come artistic and creative people in the community 😀 Really nice to hear from you @Storm - there's a lovely community here to chat to any time you want and it's growing week by week, so I really do hope you find this a source of help during lockdown ❤
    Level 7
    @LisaM congrats for your soon to be newborn. We have some stunning places in the UK to visit and I am planning something similar myself once we are free to do so. I love the idea of a glamping pod somewhere tranquil such as Cumbria or the highlands to watch the dolphins.
    Level 3
    I use to cross stitch and do diamond art painting, which you needs loads of patients for, which I haven't for a long time, but the thing is I have hundreds of pounds worth of cross stitching items too lol xx
    @Storm

That's awesome. I know about this diamond art thing, my mum got one for Christmas and I can see it really does take a patience. The diamonds are so teeny, you got to go slowly! Cross stitching seems to be very popular right now. I've seen some fun designs on Instagram!
    @Rebecca 😊 Thank you for referencing me! It's lovely meeting likeminded people 🎨
    Level 7
    @Storm hope you are doing ok today? I understand a little of how you feel. Have you thought about any other hobbies lately. I quite enjoy some upcycling
Reply to Thread