Become a Bill Buster!
All the top tips on how to save energy at home.
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    Hi everyone! 🤗

Who’s ready for those cosy autumn evenings?

As the nights are getting darker and the temperature is dropping, it's easy to reach for the thermostat🌡, so here’s some tips to keep you warm without having to turn on the heating and help you save energy and 💷 💷 💷 💷 💷 💷 💷

Name:  Energy High5 1.png
Views: 1126
Size:  89.0 KBName:  Energy High5 2.png
Views: 1378
Size:  100.3 KBName:  Energy High5 3.png
Views: 1336
Size:  105.0 KBName:  Energy High5 4.png
Views: 1090
Size:  89.9 KB

Have you got any great tips, that you know work? Share yours below in the comments 👇🤩
  • 2 Replies

Community Manager
    Hi everyone! 🤗

Who’s ready for those cosy autumn evenings?

As the nights are getting darker and the temperature is dropping, it's easy to reach for the thermostat🌡, so here’s some tips to keep you warm without having to turn on the heating and help you save energy and 💷 💷 💷 💷 💷 💷 💷

Name:  Energy High5 1.png
Views: 1126
Size:  89.0 KBName:  Energy High5 2.png
Views: 1378
Size:  100.3 KBName:  Energy High5 3.png
Views: 1336
Size:  105.0 KBName:  Energy High5 4.png
Views: 1090
Size:  89.9 KB

Have you got any great tips, that you know work? Share yours below in the comments 👇🤩

Amazing advice from @Rebecca,

I recently got some draft excluders myself and already can tell the difference not having that draft from the doors and windows creep in and they cost me hardly anything,

These little tips really do go a long way and can save you lots 💰,

I know I've said it before but LED lights really are so great and very very energy efficient I can not stop recommending them especially if your E7 or E10 and don't have gas. âš¡
    Head of Community
    Amazing advice from @Rebecca,

I recently got some draft excluders myself and already can tell the difference not having that draft from the doors and windows creep in and they cost me hardly anything,

These little tips really do go a long way and can save you lots 💰,

I know I've said it before but LED lights really are so great and very very energy efficient I can not stop recommending them especially if your E7 or E10 and don't have gas. âš¡

Great advice @Dean 🤗 - do you know I have had LED bulbs in my home for years now and never had to change once in the 5 years I have been in this house! They last forever!

Also, on the subject of draft excluders etc - as I live in an old Victorian house - all the windows and doors let in so much cold air - if I ever have the heating on (which I will not put on yet as it's too early) then the heat just creeps right out. I have invested in draft tape for my window gaps and door gaps - works wonders!

I also have cold air that somehow manages to get under the front door, again where the house is so old. I pop a draft excluder there and then when my heating is on, it doesn't leak out heat and money!

Also - turning radiators off by the radiator/heating system in those given rooms you don't use will save money and energy. I never ever use my dining room unless I am entertaining. I always have the radiator off in that room, when the heating is on - as its a waste of heating and money!

Hope this helps everyone!
Reply to Thread