Off Topic
The place for you to share and discuss your interests and hobbies. Fancy discussing tech, music, games, TV and more? It's all here.
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    Hello guys, and happy Friday! 🤗 Rebecca, your Community Manager here!

As lockdown progresses, although in normal circumstances the 'Friday Feeling' was once a 'thing' - the more weekends that pass in the house, the harder it can be to find new and exciting things to do.

This weekend is Big Garden Birdwatch!

Now, some of you may be thinking, 'what?🤔' which is a completely normal reaction. It wasn't until around 4 years ago when I met a friend who is into bird watching for a walk, that I truly appreciated how beautiful and calming watching birds is. This provoked me to get a bird feeder stand in my back garden, with an array of trays and feeders.

Now, it has turned into something that brings me so much joy on a daily basis in lockdown. Every morning when I wake up and go down to make my morning coffee, there, out my kitchen window which looks into my back garden, I see an array of fluttery friends. Ranging from a Robin I see every few hours, to a flock of Blue Tits that are cheeky chappies and try and gang up on the Robin. I also see blackbirds, their song is just beautiful and fills me with joy. It wasn't until I met that friend for a walk, and she shared just how calming and joyful watching birds is, that I truly appreciated how wonderful and beautiful birds really are. 🕊 😍

According to MIND charity, being in nature, or even viewing scenes of nature, reduces anger, fear, and stress and increases pleasant feelings. Exposure to nature not only makes you feel better emotionally, it contributes to your physical wellbeing, reducing blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension, and the production of stress hormones.

SO, I challenge you to look out your window this weekend for ten minutes, half an hour, however long you please. Make yourself a brew and spot how many birds you see. (Bird feeders will help but not compulsory) 😄

And if you do not have a garden, and you live in a flat, you can still join in, birds sit and perch pretty much anywhere the can, I am sure you will see at least one!

To read more about Big Garden Birdwatch this weekend, and ways to get involved, click here

And if you are already into birds, we want to know! Tell us about it below! 👇

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.PNG 
Views:	3325 
Size:	530.8 KB 
ID:	47 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	huu.PNG 
Views:	3067 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	48

• 2 Replies

Level 7
    @Rebecca thanks for the reminder. I will find time to do a bit of bird watching. I made a feeder out of a milk container last week but the birds haven’t really taken to it for some reason. I am loving winter watch lately as well, anyone that loves animals give it a watch 🦉
    Level 7
    Name:  Bird1.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  1.07 MBName:  Bird4.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  813.3 KBName:  Bird5.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  1.56 MBName:  Bird3.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  2.00 MB

Saw these guys in my garden recently. I made a bird buffet lol. I had a foil tray from a chicken joint so filled it with seeds, dried bugs and other bits that birds like and put a jar of water in for weight or to drink. They loved it, only problem it has caused a turf war lol and I cant get any decent pictures, the slightest movement and they scatter lol.
Reply to Thread