Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
    After various issues with the Gas display after new meter fitted, engineer out again then tried to top up Gas and Electricity online. Top message popped up successful followed immediately by unsuccessful, try again. I did this three times then one top up code arrived which was rejected as Invalid. I then noticed all three £15 top ups had been taken from my bank acount, effectively emptying it. I expected these reversed by next day but nothing. Countless phone calls, hours and being bounced to wrong departments I was then told to get authorisation codes or no refund. The bank confirmed there were none, just the name Utilita, I sent proof but still told they cannot see these transactions. Eventually got an advisor days later agreed to register a complaint (my first was ignored) to try get refunded. Incredibly I then only received a short misspelled text message saying only two tops ups failed and you will send a CHEQUE?! Weeks later I am still waiting. Absolutley disgusting, take card payments but make me wait weeks for a cheque that will take more time to clear? Only 2 amounts ignoring the first was an Invalid code - advisor checked this while on phone so on system. And Gas display STILL working intermittently. Taking this to the Ombudsman as my complaint - 2nd one - has also been ignored, unless that text message was your response? Nightmare of a company.
  • 1 Reply

Head of Community
    After various issues with the Gas display after new meter fitted, engineer out again then tried to top up Gas and Electricity online. Top message popped up successful followed immediately by unsuccessful, try again. I did this three times then one top up code arrived which was rejected as Invalid. I then noticed all three £15 top ups had been taken from my bank acount, effectively emptying it. I expected these reversed by next day but nothing. Countless phone calls, hours and being bounced to wrong departments I was then told to get authorisation codes or no refund. The bank confirmed there were none, just the name Utilita, I sent proof but still told they cannot see these transactions. Eventually got an advisor days later agreed to register a complaint (my first was ignored) to try get refunded. Incredibly I then only received a short misspelled text message saying only two tops ups failed and you will send a CHEQUE?! Weeks later I am still waiting. Absolutley disgusting, take card payments but make me wait weeks for a cheque that will take more time to clear? Only 2 amounts ignoring the first was an Invalid code - advisor checked this while on phone so on system. And Gas display STILL working intermittently. Taking this to the Ombudsman as my complaint - 2nd one - has also been ignored, unless that text message was your response? Nightmare of a company.

Hello! As I can see no members have responded to this, I would like to jump in and apologise that you have had to go through this palaver! If you are still awaiting action, please pop me a message via the private message option with your details and I can escalate this to our Complaints Department.

Thanks,
    Rebecca, you Community Manager 😀
Reply to Thread