Help & Support
Have a question? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you. You can also leave suggestions/feedback for our Community Manager to investigate too!
Forum banner picture
  • No tags
View Tag Cloud
    @Rebecca I'm a new customer, and I couldn't be more disappointed with utilita.
    to cut the long story short, yesterday my account was activated, both gas and electric, in the morning I got a welcome message and a few hours later both gas and electric supply got disconnected because I had no credit??
    I was at work and far from home, I've tried to top-up trough the app, but that's not working, eventually I managed to top up by phone but because the electricity was disconnected already the meter was blocked and to unblock I had to press the buttons, unfortunately I was 30 miles away from home...
    For more than 9 hours I had no power at home, shame on utilita, I'm gutted.
  • 3 Replies

Head of Community
    Morning and welcome to the Community @Pedro 🤗

When customers come over to our supply, we start your meters off on 50p credit as standard - however as part of our welcome journey communications and letters you receive - we do inform all customers that they will need to ensure they top-up once going live to avoid going off supply. I do apoloigise that this happened whist you were out!

If your supply goes off next time, providing you are at home - the help and support page on this customer forum is brilliant, there is a whole thread dedicated to 'what to do if you lose supply'.

I hope this answer helps you. Just for next time, this thread is to introduce yourself to the rest of the Community Forum members, to ask a question you can go to the 'ask a question' on the home page and our members can help answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for this feedback - if there is any way we can make this clearer, please do let us know any suggestions you have where we can do this.

Whilst you are here, we'd love you to introduce yourself and tell us a little more about you? 😀

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    @Rebecca Hi, thanks for your prompt response.
    Unfortunately I have to say I'm still very annoyed with this ridiculous situation. 50p credit? Really?
    I've been told by the person who knocked on my door to get this contract done that would come with a £15 credit.
    Also, the top-up feature on the app wasn't working yesterday.
    I'm still waiting for the smart meter installation, although I've requested 2 times already no one has came back to me yet.
    Head of Community
    @Pedro I understand your frustration. 😫

So as you do not have a smart meter(s) installed that would explain a few of these factors you've mentioned above.

If a customer was to go live and already have smart meters installed, they will have 50p already loaded as well as £15 Emergency Credit to lean on. You would still have to be at the property to 'accept' the Emergency Credit option, once your balance is extremely near to £0.00. You can find more about how Emergency Credit works here.

As well as this, you would need smart meters already installed in order to have most of the app features working and benefitting you. You will only be able to top-up via the app if you have smart meters installed.

Which leads me to your smart meter install appointment - which we'll need to get booked. Sorry nobody has got back to you yet. It will depend on demand and availability in your area/postcode. I'll pop you a Direct Mail asking for your Customer Reference Number so I can get someone to look into availability.

I hope this helps and clear things up.

You can continue to top-up with your old suppliers top-up card, until you receive temp top-up cards/key and once you get your smart meters installed, you'll be able to top-up via the app! 😃

Thanks for your patience and your questions.

I hope this helps and clears some things up.

Thanks,
    Rebecca
Reply to Thread